Question

Honor Student
sherri0853
Message 1 of 4 (715 Views)

My PC wont start up on the first try. It starts to boot up but doesnt get to the sign in screen.

The Microsoft name comes up with a bar under it that looks like it is processing something then the screen goes blank.  I end up turning the power off and starting the machine up again.  A message comes up saying 'Windows failed to start.  A recent hardware or software change may be the cause. Lauch Start up Repair".  Start up repairs says "Your computer was unable to start.  Start up repair is checking your system for problems.  If any are found, they will be fixed automatically"  Then a screen comes up later saying "Start up can try to restore your computer to an earlier point in time when it worked correctly.  If repairs are sucessful, windows will start correctly".  After that is done, and the computer restarts, I get my sign in screen and am finally able to sign in.  This problem has been going on for the past few weeks.  Everytime I start up my computer, it does the same thing.  I tried the diagnostics and everything passed.  How do I find out how to fix this?

Provost
Big_Dave
Message 2 of 4 (688 Views)

Re: My PC wont start up on the first try. It starts to boot up but doesnt get to the sign in screen

Hi,

Hold down the "Windows" key and press the r key.  When the RUN window opens enter: MSCONFIG

Under the General TAB be sure that NORMAL Start is selected.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP e9280t, i7-960, 12GB, Vertex 3 120, ATI 4850
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad
Custom i7-4770k,Z-87, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
Custom i7-4790k,Z-97, 16GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Plextor M.2 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT
Honor Student
sherri0853
Message 3 of 4 (670 Views)

Re: My PC wont start up on the first try. It starts to boot up but doesnt get to the sign in screen

Normal start was selected under the general tab.  I still am unable to get to the sign on screen on the first boot up.

Student
Ahsan_Nehal
Message 4 of 4 (594 Views)

same thing happened to me. I think you should reinstall windows or maybe ask some expert because my computer has a problem with its RAM.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation