Question

Honor Student
dwarner
Message 1 of 4 (1,300 Views)

My computer will not turn on (light at on-off switch doesn't even come on).

Top Student
om26
Message 2 of 4 (1,298 Views)

Re: My computer will not turn on (light at on-off switch doesn't even come on).

Hi,

First of all Check the status of The power supply light . if it is flashing or if it off then , checked the red Voltage selector is at 115V or 120V. Then take all the cables off from the computer and then press and hold the power button on the tower for 20sec. If it still doesnt work then Try to open the tower and reseat the power cable and the power button cable from the Motherboard, if its still doesn't work then its an issue with Motherboard.

Honor Student
dwarner
Message 3 of 4 (1,293 Views)

Thanks, I'll see what i can do.  I've taken the panel off and the on-off switch flashes the first time and the fan wheel starts to turn and then the light immediatly goes off and the fan stops.  I'm not sure how to get to where the switch is?

Top Student
om26
Message 4 of 4 (1,267 Views)

take the Front panel out and check u'l see from the Power button.. there is a black colour cable coming out and it is connected on the motherboard ... it's a thin Blak colour cable... try it..

IT Might HELP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation