Question

Student
weaver93
Message 1 of 2 (1,141 Views)

My computer won't recognize my wireless internet after it is turned off or logged off of the profile

My computer was previously at my dads house and after he got a new computer i got his old one. There are 3 other computers that use the same wireless internet in the house so it's not the internets problem. You can see the network and try and log into it but it won't recognize the password. Previously to fix this i have turned off the internet then tried and connected to the same internet everything went fine and i would just turn the internet back on and everything would work perfectly. This does not seem to be the case anymore i'm hoping to fix this problem permanently.

Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 2 of 2 (1,138 Views)

Re: My computer won't recognize my wireless internet after it is turned off or logged off of the pro

Hi

You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix the issue.

1) Go to device manager and uninstall the driver for wireless and restart the unit.

Go to the web link given below and set up wireless and ensure to select the Box Start this connection automatically 

Setting Up a New Connection to a Wireless Local Area Network in Windows 7

Let us know how it goes!

*Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****

****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards

Manjunath

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation