Question

Student
blackjesus579
Message 1 of 2 (1,965 Views)

My keyboard and mouse won't work anymore. HELP!

The keyboard and mouse that came with my Presario Compaq desktop stopped working all of a sudden when I disconnected the entire computer to put it on a new desk I bought. i replugged everything and when I turned the computer on, the keyboard and mouse were not responding. I put a password on the computer for the start up screen and since my keyboard doesn't work I can't even get into my computer. What can I do to fix this? Are the mouse and keyboard broken and do I have to buy new ones? They are ps/2 ports and the computer is a Presario Compaq Desktop model SR1930NX 

I would really appreciate some help thanks :smileyhappy:

Intern
IntelSam
Message 2 of 2 (1,951 Views)

Re: My keyboard and mouse won't work anymore. HELP!

You have to have the PS2 devices plugged in before you power the machine. But, it seems like you had everything set up right before you turned it on. It would be rare for both the keyboard and mouse to break at the same time, but see if they work on a different computer (if you have another one). Otherwise, try plugging in an USB keyboard and mouse if you have open ports.

Something else you want to check is make sure you have the mouse and keyboard in the right ports.

Hope this helps

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation