Question

Student
BABS87
Message 1 of 3 (161 Views)

My windows XP crashed and left me with sewing machine software only compatible with Window 7

My HP  Presario  windows XP crashed  leaving me with sewing machine software only compatible with windows 7&8  32bit      I was not able to find a 32 bit PC  so I purchased a refurbished one which did not work so I returned it and purchased a HP Pavillion 500 series  windows 7  64 bit   being told by sevaral people including my grnadson who is employed by  HP  building PC's    That there is a way to make 64 bit operate as a 32 bit  Even getting a letter from HP telling me how to do it  The Problem there was they thought I was installing a printer   So is anyone familiar with this  I now have a wonderful new PC but am stuck with very expensive sewing  machine soft ware  whose Company told me I would have to   My software which would cost around $1000.00   Help!

Associate Dean
wb2001
Message 2 of 3 (154 Views)

Re: My windows XP crashed and left me with sewing machine software only compatible with Window 7

Were you able to install the sewing machine software to yuor new machine. Is "yes", then right click on the program and run the troubleshoot compatibility, selecting XP.

The Law of Effect states that positive reinforcement increases the probability of a behavior being repeated. (B.F.Skinner). You toss me points, and I perform better.

To say THANK YOU, press the white "thumbs up" on the left, to render a KUDO.
Please click Accept as Solution, just to the right of my reply if your problem is solved.
You can render both Solution and KUDO

HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB WIN7-64bit
Custom Asus P8P67 board, I7-2600k, WIN7 Pro 64bit, GTX670 2GB, 16GB RAM, 750W OCZ, 1T HD SATA 6Gb/s
HP m9200t CTO,Win7 Pro 32 bit. ASUS 550Ti 2GB, Rosewill 630W
HP m8100eCTO WIN7 Ultimate 32bit. XFX5670 1GB, Rosewill 530W.
Printer -- OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus

Top Student
cajunchief
Message 3 of 3 (133 Views)

Re: My windows XP crashed and left me with sewing machine software only compatible with Window 7

Mam,

I would ask you to think about installing Redhat Linux "Ubuntu" software. It can be done by a Linux person.

Who possibly lives nearby to you.  Ubuntu should work VERY WELL on your computer and wont' leave you with that Sewing Macihine feeling, and won't cost you much at all, maybe the price of a "DVD" disk.

cajunchief

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation