Question

GSE Student
Student
GSE
Message 1 of 4 (2,008 Views)

New dc7900 computer crashes after imaging using Ghost 11.0

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon,

DC7900 computer get stuck on boot or sometimes crashes after applying the image from Ghost. We have replaced the HDD too.

I am 100% sure nothing wrong with the image beacuse we imaged the rest using the same image and they are working fine.

The image is Windows XP Professional.

We tested the computer rebooting about six times and Windows XP loaded successfully only two times.

Sometimes on boot after BIOS the computer gets stucked and all is visible is a black screen.

Once I got a error message saying error loading operating system and in another instance the same system displayed that the ntoskrnl.exe is missing.

P/N: NA190PA

Greatly appreciate your prompt feedback.

edited to remove serial number 

Message Edited by erico on 10-12-2009 02:29 PM
Honor Student
gashmore
Message 2 of 4 (1,745 Views)

Re: New dc7900 computer crashes after imaging using Ghost 11.0

Has anyone got any more info on this? after booting from the tcp/ip netbootdisk from www.netbootdisk.com and running ghost (11.02) the PC reboots and then i get four bleeps along with four red flashes and nothing on screen. Is ghost trashing the machine?

This is the second time this has happened and we had to have the motherboard replaced under warranty!

Provost
erico
Message 3 of 4 (1,727 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I requested that a moderator remove the serial number from the original post. That is information better kept in house.

Here is the Beep code list for you to peruse as I don't know which BIOS your dc7900 has. Which Service Pack do you have in the windows XP OS image? Ghost has been known to have issues with some of the Service Pack updates.

regards,

erico 

Message Edited by erico on 10-12-2009 02:18 PM

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
gashmore
Message 4 of 4 (1,468 Views)

We have just had a HP engineer come and replace the motherboard on the second 7900 that has had this issue, it seems using this boot disk some how corrupts the BIOS, we are going to escalate this as how can a piece of software that has nothing to do with writing to the BIOS corrupt it?

It doesnt happen on multicast disks created by ghost only on using the netbootdisk and loading ghost then browsing to a ghost image (which we can successfully do on all other models of HP and Dell)

If anyone else is using the same setup/bootdisk please get in touch.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation