Question

Honor Student
Vladimir27
Message 1 of 3 (215 Views)

New router connection problems to my HP Pavilion 23-b010

I foloowed new router connection instructions and as a last step, found that my All-in-one PC is "unable to connect to Internet". The Router instructions want me to connect my pc  to router with a second Ethernet yellow cable. Not supplied in the Router package. The  first ethernet connection is from my modem to the router

Here is the problem: my PC has only two USB ports (two narrow rectangles) and the other end of the cable has to go into router that has four ethermnet plugs -  Large yellow cable female openings

Thanks so much,

Vladimir27

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 2 of 3 (194 Views)

Re: New router connection problems to my HP Pavilion 23-b010

Please indicate the brand and model of your new router. Also indicated if your ISP is using DSL, cable, etc.

Here are the spec for your HP Pavilion 23-b010 All-in-One Desktop Computer. According to the specs, this model supports both wired (ethernet) and wireless (802.11 b/g/n) internet connections. The ethernet jack (RJ45) can be found on the back of your computer as shown below;

Back I/O ports

Image of the back I/O ports

#3 - LAN (ethernet)

If you don't already have an extra ethernet cable, purchase one at this time. You will need to connect this to one of the LAN ports on the router and the LAN port on your computer.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
Provost
old_geekster
Message 3 of 3 (193 Views)

Re: New router connection problems to my HP Pavilion 23-b010

Vladimir27, welcome to the forum.

Here is a guide that should help you connect your computer to the wireless network.

Please click "KUDOS" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Pro

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!