Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I feel the same way it's HP's problem they sold a computer system with hardware problems.
HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank but that PC is long gone.  It was a real shame because it was only a little over a year old.  I was always an HP customer - but my last remaining HP compputer just died the other day - Laptop and guess what?  Woke up one morning and the screen is dark - just like the all in one.  Although this laptop at least lasted 3 years

HP Recommended
After getting a lesson on this 'all in one ' system by a group of computer experts and i mean experts i have decided not to bother repairing it and i will never buy an 'all in one' system again.
HP Recommended

what can we do to get this rolling???

they should have some resposibility in this.  i am not finished with this issue. 

HP Recommended

Just got one of these defect computer and have to reflow graphic chip on the motherboard to revive it.

So it's the exact same problem hp is having with laptop defect graphic chip taht stop working after a few year...

Ther is nothing about bios or reset you can do to regain access to it. The graphic onboard chip has to be reflowed for it to work again...

G brown

HP Recommended

Yeah - I just had the HP laptop I bought around the same time do the exact same thing!   I used to only buy HP products and if HP was addressing this issue or taking responsiblitly for it I would still be an HP supporter but I am really rethinking that now.    I am not sure what reflow the graphic chip means

HP Recommended

Oh and by the way - I am not sure who the HP person was messaging in the thread above but I never received a message (and I know how to look in private messages) - I have had 2 computrs bought at the same time do this exact same thing!  One I still have (the laptop) and the other is gone - this is a defect of some kind no doubt about it

HP Recommended
The problem in my opinion is HP they should have given an alert over the omni 100 systems.
The motherboard on these systems are of inferior quality.
HP Recommended

@Lil_Lisa27 wrote:

Hi kwinkle,

For your Omni 100-5155 screen being blank, I have included the following document 'Screen is Blank after Starting the Computer'. Please follow through the steps in order for the best results.

Thank you.

I'm having the same problem also. I've tried all the steps in that documentation, several times.

NO results what-so-Ever. This machine is borked, even useless as a mere door-stop.

So, now I'm back to using my ancient HP zd7000 laptop.

I will Never Ever again buy an HP product!  Man Frustrated Man Mad

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.