Question

Honor Student
Pinky23x
Message 1 of 3 (1,358 Views)

Open XLR Files in Windows 7

Hi, On my last computer a Dell desktop Vista system I put some spreadsheet work onto a flash drive when I put the flash drive into my HP windows 7 system and click to open files I can not open the files, I get a message saying they are XLR files.Can anyone help.

Regards

Brian

Associate Professor
parvez_tech
Message 2 of 3 (1,350 Views)

Re: Open XLR Files in Windows 7

Hi,

XLR files were created by Microsoft Works and are not compatible with the newer versions of windows or office as  Microsoft has stopped Microsoft Works.

There are two options you can try and see if it helps:

- Download Excel Viewer and then right click on the file to select Open With. From Open with Browse

to the Excel viewer  program and click Open.

- If the above doesnt help then you can download Open Office

You can also refer to this link information about Converters if none of the above programs work. Click Here

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
If you have HP Support Assistant installed on the computer(The Blue Question Mark) then open it ==> Complete all pending Updates & Tuneups==> Restart and Check. It may solve your problem
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
**Click on “Kudos” Star if you think this reply helped**
Honor Student
Pinky23x
Message 3 of 3 (1,340 Views)

Re: Open XLR Files in Windows 7

Thanks for the help will try.

Regards

Skipy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation