Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Bought the pavilion 23 i5 all in one none touch screen PC 3 days ago. I could not turn on the PC this morning. The white light at the back of the PC next to the power in socket is lighted.
Please help
17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hi Lcloo,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read your post on not being able to power on your pavilion 23 desktop, and I would be happy to assist you! To begin, I will need to ask you a few questions:

• What is the Product and Model Number of your desktop computer?
  • What version of Windows do you have installed on your computer?
  • Is your computer plugged directly into a wall outlet or is it plugged into a power strip?

In the meantime, please follow this document on Troubleshooting Power Supply Issues. This should help restore the power to your computer.

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, as well as the requested information. I look forward to your reply!

Regards

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

hi

you say you have read the post but have you?? an all in one does not have the same type of powersupply as a desktop.

Yet you so-called support people repeatedly keep reffering to usless documents to do with a desktop type power supply

get yr head out of yr hether regions and READ the problem

or maybe yr just a computer that cannot reead or think

HP Recommended

thats a good way to get help

HP Recommended

Dear tctcorp

This is about the fourth time I followed a question regarding a 3-in-1 and got a useless desktop link as an answer.

My frustration is actually directed at HP. They provide zero assistance. And all this forum seems to do is give canned answer to NON-3 in 1 power supply problems. I have not found a single response to a 3 in 1 problem.

Can someone...PLEASE...PLEASE..PLEASE...LOOK INTO A 3-IN-1 POWERSUPPLY. White light is ON! so there is power ging into the 3-in-1 but the swtich does not light or power up the 3-in-1.

And your response, tctcorp? Is that the best response an honor student can do? Why comment if you cannot help

Show the world what YOU can do! Read the problem....find a solution...get kudos....work up from honor student to master.

HP Recommended

Hi All but particularly Hi to all HP SUPPORT AGENTS

This problem is now solved but I will give some background here.

I also state (HP marketing please take notice) thatI WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER HP PRODUCT!!

I have 3 printers that were designed to fail, deliberately sabotaged by HP.

I have this all-in-one, deliberately designed by HP to fail.

I took my all-in-one to an HP service centre.

They asured me (without even powering up the unit) that the problem was the mother board.

They gave me a repair price that was more than the cost of a brand new unit

my queery "how do you know without looking" was answered by " happens often enough that we know"

total BS!!

and in this forum I expected better from HP support agents like mechpilot.

It is iIntensley frustrating when a supposeddly knowledgeable individual from HP support cannot read the title and then point members in te wrong direction.

so to the power-on problem for HP Pavilion 23 All-in-One

power light is o at thback where you plug in the power supply but nothing happens when you press the on switch at the side of the unit

steps to follow to fix the problem

1 remove back cover

2 Ground yourself appropriately so you do not destroy something with static electricity

3 remove metal cover from the mother board

4 locate the swich on the edge of the mother board

5 loc ate solder points for the switch

6 short out the switch

7 test and reasembele

PARTLY DISCHARGED iC THE CAUSE? DUNO! BUT THE SYMPTOMS POINTED TO A SWITHCH OR CLOSELY RELATED FUSE OR DIODE.

sounds risky? sure is! but what have you got to lose?? I had a useless pile of junk anyway.

HP designed to fail.

mY EXPERINCES lead me to the conclusion that HP is designing in delibarate fails via software as they do in their current crop of printers.

to put a 2 cent swith that is the weakest and most likely to fail part on the mother board is a designed obsolesence feature. then be told "buya motherboard or buy a new computer" #$@%&*&%$#!!! n  AAARGH!!!

F$%K HP.

F$%K HP.

F$%K HP.

HP Recommended
Ren222 I need your help, I cant find the switch your talking about and how do I short it out???
HP Recommended

Hi, Im having exactly the same issue. The difference is that i changed the whole motherboard with switch and still problem....

The power switch is at the corner.

HP Recommended

Agreed, I work with computer repairs and these 23s really blow. I have a light on but no power on button, my problem is telling my client as when it left thier place it was working - albeit really slowly. I gather from my customer that it is in warranty and has had a similar fault previuosly. HP - horse pile.

HP Recommended

i have a bit different computer but blow a hair dryer into the back top fan untill the little light comes on then it should start

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.