Question

Top Student
spify79
Message 1 of 2 (251 Views)

Pavilion Desktop PC will not turn on

[ Edited ]

I am using a Pavilion a1510n, XP Home Media Ctr Version 2002, Sv Pk 3, Serial # {Removed for privacy}

Trying to transfer documents to newer version of Pavilion and after plugging into outlet and pressing on/off button on face of computer (bottom), nothing happens !  It worked fine a couple of weeks ago and all of a sudden it won't turn on.

Anyone who may have some idea please drop me a line. I live out in desert country of AZ about 100 miles from city.  Thanks

Richard

Teacher
Beeker318
Message 2 of 2 (231 Views)

Re: Pavilion Desktop PC will not turn on

The first thing I would check is to make sure that the outlet is working by plugging another device, like a lamp, into it and make sure you have power. Next, follow the instructions in this document and see if you can determine if your computer's power supply is working. It's a thorough document that will lead you down several different paths depending on what conditions you find. Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Scott
I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation