Question

Student
Brenda625
Message 1 of 2 (397 Views)

Pavilion a6619f fan all of a sudden extremely loud

Last night the fan on my computer all of a sudden started buzzing so loudly, it woke me up out of a sound sleep. It sounded like an alarm clock. 

I took the computer apart this morning and thoroughly cleaned it out. Turned it on, it was still making the noise.

It is the fan, where if you are looking at it from the back, it is in the lower left corner.

I have only had it for 11 months, so it is still under warranty.

While I was talking to HP support, I turned it back on and it is at least quieter. 

However, I am afraid it  will do it again. I'd like to have it taken care of while it's still under warranty, but hesitate to bring it in, when it is now fine.

Is this something that is fairly easy and inexpensive to fix myself if it happens again?

Thanks! 

Provost
old_geekster
Message 2 of 2 (374 Views)

Re: Pavilion a6619f fan all of a sudden extremely loud

Brenda, replacing a fan is not that difficult or expensive.  You could do it for under $20.  However, with that said, there is a possibility that something else is causing the fan to buzz.  If you don't have to send the computer in, but can take it to a local shop, this is what I would recommend.  If there is an under-lying problem, it could get expensive.  I wouldn't take that chance, if I were you.

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Ultimate

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!