Problem with Windwos License on new HP Pro 3500 Series (1925 Views)
Honor Student
davidedamico
Message 1 of 6 (1,925 Views)
Accepted Solution

Problem with Windwos License on new HP Pro 3500 Series

Ho acquistato un pc HP PRO 3500 (con Windows 8 downgraded a Windows 7)

Sul pc non c'e' l'adesivo con la licenza d'uso di Microsoft Windows. Sono andato dal rivenditore, me lo sono fatto sostituire, ma e' lo stesso, anche questo senza adesivo! Cosa posso fare?

translate...

I purchased an HP PC PRO 3500 (with Windows 8 downgraded to Windows 7)
On pcmissing the sticker with the license of Microsoft Windows. I went to the dealer, I'll have it replaced, but it 's the same, more without this sticker! What can I do?

Sorry for my english. Thanks for any reply.

PhD Student
PeaceLily
Message 2 of 6 (1,903 Views)

Re: Problem with Windwos License on new HP Pro 3500 Series

Hi davidedamico,

On new Windows 8 HP computers, there is no longer a "Certificate of Authenticity" Windows label with a product code like there was on computers with previous versions of Windows. It has been replaced with a "Genuine Microsoft Label" that does not include a product code.

The Windows 8 digital product code is contained in your motherboard BIOS allowing for the automatic activation. However, because you downgraded to Windows 7 you should have a product code for that operating system. Is that the one you need? Did you purchase a retail disc to install Windows 7, or did you download it? If you purchased a retail Windows 7 disc it should have included a Certificate of Authenticity sticker that you can add to your computer if you want.

Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.
I work on behalf of HP.
Honor Student
davidedamico
Message 3 of 6 (1,886 Views)

I did not do the downgrade it. HP distributes this product already downgraded, but does not apply the adhesive with a license for windows 7. Why?

PhD Student
PeaceLily
Message 4 of 6 (1,878 Views)

Oh, I'm sorry I misunderstood. I'm not sure about that. You might want to contact HP support and see if there is a reason the sticker was not included on your computer, and see if perhaps they can provide one for you. Sorry I don't have more info.

Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.
I work on behalf of HP.
Honor Student
davidedamico
Message 5 of 6 (1,872 Views)

in hp they told me to return the computer to the dealer for me to replace. I did as I was told, but the new computer has the same problem, all the pre-installed HP PRO 3500 windows 7 but do not have the sticker on the case!!!!

Student
Tubamaniak
Message 6 of 6 (449 Views)

Did it come to a solution ?

I suffer the same problem.

I want to install windows 7 over the HP pre-installed HD, because I don't like the HD behaviour with 4 vague partions.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation