Question

Honor Student
Mohammadtr
Message 1 of 4 (2,040 Views)

Recovery Partition corrupted by a virus

[ Edited ]

My Recovery Partition is corrupted by a virus while i was reinstalling my anti-virus, and after i finished reinstalling, a message saying:__________________________________________________-  # x _

| Virus Vault                            Files corrupted by virus : D:/preload               |

|  A virus was detected !       Virus name : ???-??? ??????(Unidentified)|

|          What would  you like to do?:                                                                   |

|          |Move to Vault|                             |Ignore|                                                 |

_______________________________________________________

And i didn't find anything online to download!!

What should i do to get a new one, the virus is still on the computer and is getting my computer to crash!!

[Subject Edited as new thread was created] - moderator

Associate Dean
wb2001
Message 2 of 4 (2,027 Views)

Re: Factory Image Damaged

Mohammadtr,

You jumped into another parties post. It would be better to re-post as a "new post".

Please do not reply to this message, but here are some tips for when you re-post the message.

1) How did you corrupt your Recovery partition ( likely the D: partition), when you should have been installing the anti-virus software to the C: partition?

2) Did you create a set of Recovery DVD's when you bought the computer?

3) Get Malwarebytes (free).  Boot into safemode with networking, and install it. Update it. Run it.

To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved.
You can render both Solution and KUDO

The Law of Effect states that positive reinforcement increases the probability of a behavior being repeated. (B.F.Skinner). You toss me points, and I perform better.

(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
HP m9200t CTO,Win7 Pro 32 bit. 4GB RAM, ASUS 550Ti 2GB, Rosewill 630W. 1T HD SATA 3Gb/s
Custom Asus P8P67, I7-2600k, 16GB RAM, WIN7 Pro 64bit, EVGA GTX660 2GB, 750W Corsair, 1T HD SATA 6Gb/s
Custom Asus P8Z77, I7-3770k, 16GB RAM, WIN7 Pro 64bit, EVGA GTX670 2GB, 750W Corsair, 1T HD SATA 6Gb/s
Both Customs use Rosewill Blackhawk case.
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus
Honor Student
Mohammadtr
Message 3 of 4 (1,945 Views)

Dear Whoever sent me a reply,

Thank you for the tips, but anyway my antivirus took care of the virus and deleted it, but the only problem, the virus didn't just delete half of the recovery files, it also executed viruses online, while my anti-virus db was having errors, because the re-installation wasn't successful, but after thinking i reinstalled my (OS) using the Genuine Windows 7 DVD, but i still want my hp system back.

I'd be pleased if you send me a link to download my hp recovery files, and a link to download "Recovery Manager".

Note: To give a clue, my computer Full Name is "HP G62 Notebook-PC" with windows 7 installed.

Another clue that my recovery manager as i remember had the Cyberlink Corp' Sign at the right bottom of the manager.

Provost
Big_Dave
Message 4 of 4 (1,935 Views)

Please contact HP support for recovery disks. HP's support number is 800-474-6836 or 800-HPINVENT or online here.

HP Recovery Disks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP e9280t, i7-960, 12GB, Vertex 3 120, ATI 4850
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad
Custom i7-4770k,Z-87, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
Custom i7-4790k,Z-97, 16GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Plextor M.2 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation