Question

Student
honeycomb123
Message 1 of 17 (10,930 Views)

SCANNING MULTIPLE PAGES

I have a new HP Photosmart 7510 at my desk at work. 

I frequently scan documents with multiple pages.  How do I scan and save these multiple pages into one PDF document so I may email them?

Honor Student
BeachPlum
Message 2 of 17 (10,851 Views)

Re: SCANNING MULTIPLE PAGES

Double click on HP icon on desktop.  Click on Scan Actions, Scan a Photo or Document.  Put Preview on.  Scan. Then change to a new page in scanner and click the plus sign.  When done click done.

Top Student
Leanndra
Message 3 of 17 (10,446 Views)

I have just set up my HP Photosmart 7510 and I LOVE it!!

Two questions have come up re: scanning:

1.  Can I duplex scan using the autofeeder (I have some double-sided documents I'd like to scan).

2.  I have mixed media I would like to scan in groups and have them save to one file using the glass scanner bed. (won't fit into autofeeder).  I tried using the scanner app that downloaded with my cd but don't seem to be able to figure it out.  When I scan one item and then get it to scan the next in sequence, the scans wind up being saved as SEPARATE documents with the same prefix then numbers are sequentially added to differentiate them. 

I appreciate any help you can provide!

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 4 of 17 (10,402 Views)

The steps in this document should walk you through how to use the scanning software.  Hope that helps.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
Leanndra
Message 5 of 17 (10,356 Views)

Hi!

Thank you so much for replying to my questions!  : )

I probably should have mentioned that I have a Mac!  Do you have similar information for Mac?  The confusing part for me so far is that a desktop icon is referred to and I do not see this icon despite successfully installing my Photosmart 7510.  It sounds like i have something else to download.  

I have the HP Scan 3 app that came with my cd.  However, it only appears to provide basic scanning functions.  No preview, etc...

Again, thank you so much for your help with this!

Leanndra

: ) 

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 6 of 17 (10,343 Views)

Yes.  There is a similar document for the Mac.  You can find it here.  You can also find information about scanning without the HP software on a Mac here.  Hope that helps.  I'm not that familiar with the Mac OS, so you may want to check the Mac Printing and Scanning borad on the HP forums if you need more specific directions.  

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
Leanndra
Message 7 of 17 (9,829 Views)

Hi Shane,

I have FINALLY had a chance to sit down and review the documents you forwarded including:

1.  I deleted my printer from my Print & Scan area of System Preferences and successfully re-installed it as per the

document you provided.  

2.  I checked for and installed all new software updates for my All-In-One.  

3.  I downloaded and read the SCAN sections of the Reference and Manual for this All In One.

3.  I went onto the MAC Forum and read through several posts.  None of them were helpful.

It frustrates me because there are directions for multi-page scanning in an earlier post on this forum.  I do NOT have an HP icon that was installed onto my desktop and there is no "+" button anywhere in the Scan 3 App I downloaded from the internet just now that would allow me to create a multi-page scan.  All I am trying to do is to scan my 4 page document so that I wind up with ONE document containing all four pages.  What I get now is FOUR SEPARATE docuements each containing ONE of the pages!!  Help me before I go INSANE!!  : (

Thanks so much Shane!

Leanndra

Top Student
Leanndra
Message 8 of 17 (9,824 Views)

Wow!  Now this is getting interesting!!  I was attempting to figure out ANOTHER scanning problem - getting the "Scan to Computer" function on my touch screen to scan in color - and I was directed to download an update called "HP_Scan_for_Mac_OS_X_10.7_Update.dmg"

This only partially solved the scanning in color problem, but guess what?  It updated my HP Scan 3 app so now I can see the screen you referred to in your original post!!  It was confusing when you mentioned the HP icon on the desktop and my scan app is called HP Scan 3 - so I think those initial directions threw me off right from the start.  But once I assumed the icon you meant was the HP Scan 3 app, it all made sense.  Downloading the update transformed the app into exactly what you were talking about!!  I am THRILLED!!  Thanks so much for listening to me ramble on!!

Leanndra

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 9 of 17 (9,821 Views)

Glad you stuck with it an got it working.

Signature
Top Student
Leanndra
Message 10 of 17 (9,816 Views)

Hi Shane,

One other thing to mention - I can only create multi-page documents when creating a pdf document.  

If I are scanning photos in jpeg format, it looks like I can only create single picture jpegs.

If you have a way to create one document that contains multiple pictures, let me know!!!

Leanndra

a.k.a. "Scan Queen"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation