SDTray.exe error message (14793 Views)
Honor Student
lloydmarie
Message 1 of 6 (14,793 Views)

SDTray.exe error message

When starting computer, I get an SDTray.exe error message.  I have Windows 7 64-bit on model e9280t.  The messages says system can't start because snlBase150.bpl is missing from computer.  When I close this  message, the computer runs normally, as far as I can tell.  Is there something I can do to correct this error message?

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 6 (14,791 Views)

Re: SDTray.exe error message

Are you using a trial version of Spybot - Search & Destroy 2?  

If so, that is what is causing the message. Use the  Spybot Search & Destroy uninstaller to remove the program and the message shuold go away.

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
egenzler
Message 3 of 6 (13,941 Views)

how do I get rid of SDtray error message

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 4 of 6 (13,538 Views)

Hello egenzier,

What make / model computer are you using?
What operating system are you using?
What is the exact error message that you are receiving?

There are a few solutions mentioned in this thread, quite possibly one of the solutions will help you.

sdtray.NLS File Information

The most important thing is to run antivirus and spyware / malware programs on your computer often. It sounds like you may be infected with spyware.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Student
philgil
Message 5 of 6 (12,967 Views)

when rebooting pc i get this SDTray.exe error message. HAVE WINDOWS 7 & just recently encountered this problem. It also says snlBase 150.bpl is missing from my computer and it says try reinstalling program to take care of the matter. Have no idea what their talking about and was hoping you could help with this problem. thank-you

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 6 of 6 (12,907 Views)

Hello philgil,

Did you see erico's response in the second post in this thread? It seems spybot is the program that generally causes the errors you are seeing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation