Screen Saver will not come on (487 Views)
Top Student
memissks
Message 1 of 3 (487 Views)
Accepted Solution

Screen Saver will not come on

Brand new HP and the screen saver will not come on, I have gone to CP and set it  up. Any ideas?

Live your life in such a way
That when your feet hit the floor each morning
Satan says " OH CRAP SHE'S AWAKE!"
Provost
erico
Message 2 of 3 (480 Views)

Re: Screen Saver will not come on

[ Edited ]

memissks wrote:

Brand new HP and the screen saver will not come on, I have gone to CP and set it  up. Any ideas?

Please identify your notebook/pc .

Look at the base/rear/side of the notebook/pc at the barcoded sticker.

Post item number 2 as seen on the following example of an HP notebook's barcoded sticker. The barcode on your HP product may be slightly different in appearance, but will still have the important information needed for us to help you.  

###Do not post the serial number as it is personal information.###
c01931836.gif
Post the installed operating system version ( and whether it is 32 or 64-bit )
Is the CPU an AMD or Intel product? 

Not posting all of the information as requested will delay our responses and slow troubleshooting of the issue that led you to author a thread.

Best regards,
erico

In Windows 7 (Vista is similar) just right click anywhere on the display and select Personalilze.

screen saver.PNG

Select screen saver. If you see is as the following image you now know why there is no screen saver active. In the Screen saver dropdown as in the following image you can select what you want as a screen saver.

screensaver2.PNG

****If my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
memissks
Message 3 of 3 (476 Views)

Re: Screen Saver will not come on

I did all of the above. thanks  thou.

I contacted HP and they said it was the wireless Microsoft mouse. I have been using this mouse with another HP and NEVER had a problem. BUT, I changed the mouse to a Logitech wireless mouse and the screensaver works.

Learn something new everyday!!:smileyhappy:

Live your life in such a way
That when your feet hit the floor each morning
Satan says " OH CRAP SHE'S AWAKE!"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation