Question

Honor Student
fof34
Message 1 of 5 (26,385 Views)
Accepted Solution

SolutionCenter.msi not available!

Starting my pc I get a message that Windows tries to configure Solution Center. The next message says: The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Please enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package "SolutionCenter.msi". As I have no installation package I don't know how to resolve this problem.

Operation system is Windows 7 and the printer is the HP PSC 1510 all-in-one.

Master's Graduate
Holly_J
Message 2 of 5 (26,376 Views)

Re: SolutionCenter.msi not available!

See if either of these helps you solve the problem:

Resolving HP Solution Center Scan and Product Status Issues After Upgrading Windows Vista to Windows 7

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01887712&tmp_track_link=ot_recdoc/c01631295/en_...

'The feature you are trying to use is on a disk that is not available' or Similar Message Displays on the Computer in Windows

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01631295&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click the little thumbs-up dealybopper to the lower right if my reply was helpful to you. Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem. This will help others, too!
Honor Student
fof34
Message 3 of 5 (26,360 Views)

Hello Holly,

Thank you for your quick response.

Unfortunately the links you mentioned didn't solve my problem. Perhaps the suggestion in one of the links to uninstall all HP software and to download the software again from the HP site will succeed. 

What surprised me was that in my programfile there is an HP Solution Center but when I click on it the Solution Center appears together with the messages that SolutionCenter.msi is not available.

Thanks again and kind reards,

fof34

Master's Graduate
Holly_J
Message 4 of 5 (26,352 Views)

Thanks for letting me know! I'm sorry it wasn't an easier, quicker fix - reinstalling all the software is never much fun. I hope that it does take care of the problem you're experiencing, though!

------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click the little thumbs-up dealybopper to the lower right if my reply was helpful to you. Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem. This will help others, too!
Honor Student
fof34
Message 5 of 5 (26,345 Views)

SolutionCenter.msi not available!

To Mr. Holly_J.

You recently advised me about abovementioned subject. I herewith inform you that the download and new installation of the software was succesfull. I wonder why the HP-site couldn't mention this solution.

fof34 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation