Question

Tutor
Bombardier
Message 1 of 3 (1,224 Views)
Accepted Solution

Spilled Water

A few hours ago I accidentically spilled some water on my desktop computer. It fell and some of it got onto my computer unit. I was charging my iPod while it charged, so the flap thing that opens was exposed to water. I quickly removed all the wires ect. and tried to position my computer to dump the droplets of water it might have come into contact with. This would be no big deal except I could have sworn I heard a continuous clicking noise going on. That is what I am worried about and why I need help ASAP. HP Pavilion a6720f is my computer model for more details. Please help and give me advice and thank you!
Teacher
CowboyDiplomacy
Message 2 of 3 (1,205 Views)

Re: Spilled Water

Open it up and see if it looks like any water got in the case (how did it spill, exactly?  On, top, towards the side?).  And can you tell if the clicking noise is coming from the USB ports in the front?  How computer savy are you?  Could you disconnect the front USB ports from the mother board and see if it goes away?

>>>If I've made you happy, please return the favor by clicking on the white star under my name
Intern
johnrocks
Message 3 of 3 (1,188 Views)

Re: Spilled Water

Do not turn on your pc untill every drop of water is evaporated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation