11-20-2013 04:04 PM
I cannot get the INDEXING software to "run". I go to CONTROL PANEL and choose INDEXING OPTIONS. When I get there I can't get anything to work. Help would be appreciated. ---GoodOleWoody
This question was solved. View Solution.
11-22-2013 11:06 AM
I will be pleased to help you turn on your indexing. I am not sure what operating system you are running so I have provided instructions for Vista., if that is not your operating system the steps should be the same.
I. To enable the Windows Search Service, follow these steps:
- Click Start, type services in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
In the Programs list, click Services.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or provide confirmation.
- Scroll down and locate the service that is labeled Windows Search.
- Right-click this service, and then click Properties.
- Set the startup type to manual or automatic
- Click start to start the service
- Click OK
- Restart the computer.
Your indexing should be on now.Please let me know the outcome.