Question

Honor Student
davidcomeyne
Message 1 of 4 (154 Views)

Use HP Omni 27 as external monitor

Hi,

I would like to use my All-In-One HP Omni 27 as external screen. I am now running Linux on it but it does not seem to work.

When I connect a laptop using HDMI to the desktop my laptop recognizes the HP Omni as external screen but I cannot seem to get the display from my laptop on my HP Omni. When using the buttons on the right side nothing happens. I was expecting an OSD or something else to change the input/output but nothing happens when pressing them. Is this software-based and only available in Windows?

Any other solutions or suggestions anyone?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

David

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (139 Views)

Re: Use HP Omni 27 as external monitor

[ Edited ]

What is the complete product name or product number of your Omni 27?

What you are asking is viable under Windows using an HDMI input with an Omni 23 , but not likely under the Linux operating system. You will probably need to purchase  an HDMI-in Scalar Card to add this feature to your Omni.

I have no idea why HP did not provide a user manual. I will ask to have this overlooked item corrected , if possible. This topic was discussed in a thread in the forum in february of last year

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
davidcomeyne
Message 3 of 4 (122 Views)

The complete product name = HP OMNI 27-1114EB

Would it help if I install Windows again? And probably install specific HP software also?

I have actually no clue what a HDMI-in Scalar Card is, but I'll check it out right away, maybe it is not necessary with my model.

I already read the thread from February last year but that did not help me.

Thanks for the reply!

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 4 (114 Views)

Adding the MXM card will improve the graphics, but until HP provides some documentation on your PC I cannot state unequivocably that it will resolve the issue.

If your PC does have the HDMI input feature, then installing Windows  may very well resolve the issue.

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation