Question

Honor Student
davidcomeyne
Message 1 of 4 (193 Views)

Use HP Omni 27 as external monitor

Hi,

I would like to use my All-In-One HP Omni 27 as external screen. I am now running Linux on it but it does not seem to work.

When I connect a laptop using HDMI to the desktop my laptop recognizes the HP Omni as external screen but I cannot seem to get the display from my laptop on my HP Omni. When using the buttons on the right side nothing happens. I was expecting an OSD or something else to change the input/output but nothing happens when pressing them. Is this software-based and only available in Windows?

Any other solutions or suggestions anyone?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

David

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (178 Views)

Re: Use HP Omni 27 as external monitor

[ Edited ]

What is the complete product name or product number of your Omni 27?

What you are asking is viable under Windows using an HDMI input with an Omni 23 , but not likely under the Linux operating system. You will probably need to purchase  an HDMI-in Scalar Card to add this feature to your Omni.

I have no idea why HP did not provide a user manual. I will ask to have this overlooked item corrected , if possible. This topic was discussed in a thread in the forum in february of last year

****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
davidcomeyne
Message 3 of 4 (161 Views)

The complete product name = HP OMNI 27-1114EB

Would it help if I install Windows again? And probably install specific HP software also?

I have actually no clue what a HDMI-in Scalar Card is, but I'll check it out right away, maybe it is not necessary with my model.

I already read the thread from February last year but that did not help me.

Thanks for the reply!

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 4 (153 Views)

Adding the MXM card will improve the graphics, but until HP provides some documentation on your PC I cannot state unequivocably that it will resolve the issue.

If your PC does have the HDMI input feature, then installing Windows  may very well resolve the issue.

****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation