Question

Honor Student
luke24
Message 1 of 13 (19,545 Views)
Accepted Solution

VGA No Signal

What does it mean when i get the message that says "VGA No Signal"?  Do I need to replace something?
Associate Professor
c0rnel
Message 2 of 13 (19,577 Views)

Re: VGA No Signal

It means that the monitor isn't getting a VGA (blue analog video cable) signal from the pc. This is normal if you use other video cables such the DVI (white) and HDMI (black) cables. In this case VGA won't be active.

I would check the video cable from the pc tower to the monitor. If it's the blue VGA cable then make sure it's plugged in correctly at both ends.

Do you get any video display when you turn on the lcd and pc?

Honor Student
luke24
Message 3 of 13 (19,523 Views)

Yes.  Both of the ends of the cable are blue.  Do i just need to make sure they are connected correctly? 
Associate Professor
c0rnel
Message 4 of 13 (19,505 Views)

Yes make sure both end are in properly.

Also what is the computer's model number?

Some vista models come with a dedicated pci-e video card. If you have one of those make sure the cable goes to the video card itself and not the onboard graphics whihc is disabled.

You could also try to reseat the RAM sticks in the pc.

If all else fails try another monitor on the pc or try the lcd on another pc.

It could be a bad lcd or motherbo/video card on the computer.

Honor Student
vgrant62
Message 5 of 13 (15,903 Views)

thank hp for help fine this problem

Honor Student
bmckay
Message 6 of 13 (14,328 Views)

computer says vga no signal

Top Student
rgorman0731
Message 7 of 13 (12,602 Views)

[ Edited ]

its an update /or driver issue. run your recovery disc and go to advanced. then restore back to the last known good start.

Student
srmccleary
Message 8 of 13 (12,106 Views)

You cannot reset the ram nor can you update drivers without a picture on the moniter. I am having tge same problem with a friends computer i am working on. The video card or the onboard does not work. I took the video card and hard drive and connected it to my computer and iy turned on. Your motherboard is probably bad.
Top Student
rgorman0731
Message 9 of 13 (12,083 Views)

mine turned out to be a bad update. i rolled back three months, and i got my graphics back. i got a motherboard for it but it would not work without startup disc. my other com that went down about the same time required a new monitor. that one worked with an external monitor hooked to it. good luck with your issue. if everything works on another com, try a different monitor.

Top Student
rgorman0731
Message 10 of 13 (12,082 Views)

run your startup disc. it gives you rollback optiond with graphics. can you get to bios? if you see that your monitor works. good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation