VK479AA Mouse wont drag and drop (550 Views)
Honor Student
luisk76
Message 1 of 4 (550 Views)

VK479AA Mouse wont drag and drop

i just got this mouse, works ok. the problem is i cannot drag and drop each time i try for some reason it thinks i want to open the item and opens it.  i have to drag and drop using lapto pad

thanks for your help

Distinguished Professor
anthony82
Message 2 of 4 (535 Views)

Re: VK479AA Mouse wont drag and drop

Hello luisk76,

You’re having a problem with your mouse not dragging and dropping.

It might be a bad install of the mouse.

Go to device manager and uninstall the mouse.

Here is a link to device manager.

Windows 7

Windows 8

After you uninstall go to the top of the page and click action, then click scan for hardware changes.

This will reinstall the mouse.

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Let me know how everything goes.

Have a good day.

Honor Student
luisk76
Message 3 of 4 (523 Views)

thanks for the help, but it did not help. i think there is a physical problem with it.

whenever i push the left click and try to drag something, the mouse is acting as i am pushing it 20 times per secod thats why i opens the files everytime i try to do that.

Student
Morbius
Message 4 of 4 (488 Views)

I have a model MG-0982 mouse that started having the same problem after 2 years of reliable use and it turned out to be just that, an electro mechanical problem.  I was unable to open the case but was able to lift the left button pad to see the actual micro switch.  I pulled the batteries (mine is wireless but if yours is wired, uplug it), gave the switch a short spray of contact cleaner (aka - TV tuner cleaner), allowed the cleaner to dry before installing the batteries and voila...I can drag and drop again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation