Question

Student
PEPPER
Message 1 of 8 (17,049 Views)

Windows Media Center TV and ATT U-verse TV

I have installed ATT U-verse TV to my Pavilion Media Center m8150n.  The WMC TV setup asks if you are connecting with CABLE or SATELLITE.  ATT U-verse TV comes in via the PHONE LINE.  So if you choose either CABLE or SATELLITE later on in the TV setup it asks which of the CABLE or SATELLITE channel directories you want to download.  HP, Microsoft and ATT U-verse should get together and provide a WMC TV setup that includes compatibility with CABLE, SATELLITE and PHONE LINE (ATT U-verse).  Has anyone had experience with this subject?
Student
drsdayton
Message 2 of 8 (15,923 Views)

Re: Windows Media Center TV and ATT U-verse TV

I wonder if you (or anyone) has had any luck with this??? With the U-Verse Tech by my side I attempted through a number of iterations to connect to U-Verse from my Pavilion with Windows Vista Ulimate. I really don't think the model number / version makes any difference.

Basically you get through the install to the point where you can verify the signal on the screen. But all falls apart when you try to synch the u-verse remote with the Pavilion's IR Blaster. It doesn't recognize the remote. I went code by code through it (believe me, this takes significant patience) and no luck.

So bottom line, I have been unable to finish the install and so can't get U-Verse on my Media Center PC...so close, but yet so far!

One guy from ATT told me they had a remote I could buy that was trainable and would fix the problem - but when I tried to do that they said it was currently not available because of "problems." (This, supposedly through store.att.com).

Any suggestions, anybody???

Student
sdritchie
Message 3 of 8 (15,458 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hopefully you have checked out uverseusers.com it is a good resource for those of us with Uverse.

If I remember correctly when setting up my Vista Media Center PC, I had to teach the remote signals.  And in order to teach them I had to point the remote away from the IR receiver, push the button, then point toward receiver, then point away and release button.  Or something like that.  But I am quite certain I found my answer at uverseusers.com

Good luck.

Message Edited by sdritchie on 04-11-2009 01:36 PM
Honor Student
harbormanii
Message 4 of 8 (7,160 Views)

My U-Verse receiver is a Motorola VIP 1200. Trying to set this up on MC appears futile. Trying to have it read the code from the ATT remote fails. It instructs you to aim at the sensor an press 0. Apparently the remote give out a 4 digit or bit word that MC can't understand.   At real pity. 

Teacher
TEDUinManila
Message 5 of 8 (7,005 Views)

Pepper, I'd like to help. I worked for AT&T before and we had a Technical Support Department for UVERSE. You may want to acess the websites for reference: att.com, att.yahoo.com,or buyatt.com using your pc or another pc. Please call AT&T Uverse support. I believe they are very courteous and helpful. I was there. Note that in your HP: both ATSC (digital TV) and NTSC (analog Tv) connections can be used at the same time Best Regards TEDUinManila

Student
bartlettmoore
Message 6 of 8 (6,739 Views)

I have the same Motorola model STB and have been unable to get it to work.  I can't even get a signal, much less get the remote recognized.  It has been a month since you posted.  Any luck yet?

Thanks

Student
SIM70
Message 7 of 8 (5,599 Views)

Not sure if this will help anyone or not but here it goes.

I just bought a new HP Pavillion HPE with a tuner card and th whole sha'bang.  When I conntected it to the At&t U-Verse box (Scientific Atlantic Box) it seemed to always get stuck on the remote section. It kept on asking me to press 1.  I have a remote blaster that I came with the computer (Stuck to the front of the AT&T box). 

When I tried it would never go past "Press 1", then it happened.  I tried some other ways to check this out.

I held the 1 button on the AT&T remote and held it pointing it towards the ground or away from the IR sensor connected to the Computer.  When i did this I raised the remote to within 3-4 inches of the IR sensor, all while holding the 1 button down, still holding the 1 button down I lowered the remote, and then started raising and lower the remote fast then slow, and the next thing I saw was it was asking me to press 2.  i went through all of the numbers and then finished and it worked perfectly.

The key for me was eratic movement of the remote in front of the sensor, all the while holding the requested button.

i dont know how it did it, but it works.  Best of luck.  If you need more info, drop me a line and I will help as much as I can.  I know how this can get on a persons nerves.

SIM

Student
rose123456
Message 8 of 8 (4,802 Views)

Thank you so much for your tip. My Pavillion works beautifully with Uverse. I did what you said and it works great.  I was struggling for days. Uverse is great. I switched from Charter and thank god I did all my devices from my pavillion to Iphone work flausely. Anybody with cable should make the switch and make sure you get the Uverse rebate back of $350. Many sites like couponmom, or rickscoupon on their ATT Uverse Coupon code Page have the link. Uverse and HP a perfect partnership.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation