Question

Student
Chrono5h1ft
Message 1 of 2 (83 Views)

Wireless Problem

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Currently, i have this one problem for quite a few days already.
My computer - Pavilion Slimline S5688D - built-in wireless seems to have a problem.

The wireless, when connected to my modem, displays normal condition which is, written, Internet access.

However, when i'm trying to access the internet, both via Chrome or IE, there is always a connection error message.
I've tried connecting my phone's wireless to the modem, and another laptop too and all of them are working fine. However, in safe mode, it seems i have full access to the internet, but it seems to be slower than it normally is. But within the past few weeks, i did not install any other new updates or software. Therefore, i came into a conclusion that it is the built-in wireless' problem. Do i need to buy a wireless adapter, or is there a solution to this? 

Thanks!

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 2 of 2 (53 Views)

Wireless Problem

Hello Chrono5h1ft,

I'm not sure you need a new wireless adapter just yet.

What happens when you ping http://goo.gl/mR2d through command prompt?

You can also try resetting the winsock

1. Click start and type CMD in the Start Search box.
2. Right click on cmd.exe and click Run as administrator and then continue.
3. Type netsh winsock reset

If typed correctly you should receive a confirmation followed by a new command prompt.

4. Once done type Exit and press Enter

Restart the computer and then test the internet again to see if it works.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation