Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

i cannot reinstall my adobe flash player.  i get a message to close following programs, internet explorer and brccmctl.  i closed intern. exp. but i dont know what brccmctl is.  please help.  thn u

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@green13,

I understand Adobe Flash will not update due to brccmctl.

Have you tried HardBeatZ's suggestions to locate the program?  The program that brccmctl refers to is ControlCenter3 which is printing software for Brother's printers.

By chance, do you use a Brother printer?  If so, you can ensure that any brother process is ended in the task manager (right-click the task bar to get task manager).

The simplest option may be to temporarily disable the startup programs to update Adobe and then re-enable the startup prorams.  This can be done by going to start, searching for msconfig, opening this result, and unchecking the startup items.  Once Adobe is installed, go back to msconfig to enable the startup programs.

Let me know what happens.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

sunnyskoolof13 wrote: i cannot reinstall my adobe flash player.  i get a message to close following programs, internet explorer and brccmctl.  i closed intern. exp. but i dont know what brccmctl is.  please help.  thn u

Hello sunnyskoolof13, Below is some information on the brccmctl file you list. You must have a Brother printer of other Brother device.

brccmctl.exe is a process from Brother Industries, Ltd.. It can be found in the location of C:\Program Files\brother\controlcenter3.

brccmctl.exe is a potential security risk which can be modified maliciously by spyware.

brccmctl.exe should be disabled and removed, if it was attacked and brought you brccmctl.exe error.

Just go to the Control Panel, Programs and Features, ( if using Windows 7) If using Windows XP, go to Control Panel, Add and Remove Programs, and locate and remove this application.

If your Brother Device stops working, you may need to reinstall the application.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I am unable to download the adobe flash player.  The error message tells me to close brccmctl. The task manager advises me that this program is closed, but when I attempt to try to install the flash player again, it gives me the same message.

HP Recommended

Hello djc2k4,

You can try a few things

1. Check startup to see if the program launches on startup. If it does uncheck it. Reboot. Attempt to install Adobe again.

2. If it isn't or if the above fails try to install via safe mode. Boot into safe mode. Attempt to install Adobe.

3. If it doesn't work then uninstall the software completely and attempt to install Adobe flash.

To get into the startup folder

1. Click start

2. Type MSCONFIG

3. Navigate to startup tab

4. Look for the application brccmctl and uncheck it to tell the program to not launch on startup. Be sure to recheck this if it solves the issue and you need the program to start when the computer starts after you are done.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
HP Recommended

Can't install adobe flash player need to close brccmctl can you tell me where to find this file please 

HP Recommended

@green13,

I understand Adobe Flash will not update due to brccmctl.

Have you tried HardBeatZ's suggestions to locate the program?  The program that brccmctl refers to is ControlCenter3 which is printing software for Brother's printers.

By chance, do you use a Brother printer?  If so, you can ensure that any brother process is ended in the task manager (right-click the task bar to get task manager).

The simplest option may be to temporarily disable the startup programs to update Adobe and then re-enable the startup prorams.  This can be done by going to start, searching for msconfig, opening this result, and unchecking the startup items.  Once Adobe is installed, go back to msconfig to enable the startup programs.

Let me know what happens.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

Your information helped a lot!  Thank You!!

HP Recommended

I can't install Adobe Flash Player, I get a message that say's close brmcctcml, so what do I do to correct it?  Thank You for any help you can give me!  Sincerely, Bob Richards.

HP Recommended
Why can't I install Adobe Flash Player? It says close brmcctmcl and Internet Explorer, so what do I do?
HP Recommended

My solution to Adobe Flash Player will not update due to brccmctl

Here is an easy solution to "Adobe Flash Player will not update due to brccmctl." posted by Sunnyskoolof13. My unbounded thanks to @green13 and Hanspuppa for the guidance that led me to a quick and easy solution in one go. Hitherto I had been wasting lots of time looking for a solution. It was annoying not being able to do some internet downloads because they demanded I first upgrade to FlashPlayer11. Thank you again.

The key information that I gleaned from the above posts was that brccmctl related to my two Brother multifunction devices (each including a printer). They are,

Control Center3 for MFC-990CW and

Control Center4 for MFC-7360N

I was able to avoid having to use MS-DOS or having to uninstall or reinstall my Brother devices (scary for me) because I already have (the most useful) Piriform "CCleaner Free" Program installed.

These were the steps: Open CCleaner > (in the left column) select Tools > (in the 2nd column) select Startup > (in the 3rd column) select Windows > (then in the column headed 'Program') scroll down and locate all Brother related programs (see the column on the right called 'Scheduled Tasks to locate Brother programs) - mine were:

BrStsMon00 ( ... BrStsMon00W.exe/AUTORUN)

Control Center3

Control Center4

Select each Brother Program in turn and click the Disable option (top right) - This is only a temporary action. Do NOT Delete!

Restart (necessary) and now reinstall Adobe Flashplayer (I had no problem)

Open CCleaner again and navigate as above to Tools > Startup > Windows and locate each Brother Program (now greyed out) and restore it simply by clicking on the Enable option (top right).

Restart (to ensure the Brother devices are started again)

ALL DONE!

tonypcm

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.