Question

Tutor
pxsegers
Message 1 of 4 (7,308 Views)
Accepted Solution

change password

How do you change computer's password. I want to change the password I use when I start my pc. How do you do that?

Associate Professor
frrw
Message 2 of 4 (7,302 Views)

Re: change password

Hi pxsegers: Open control panel OK. If you have not done this yet. We are going to switch your view so you can find stuff. Right now you are probable seeing 8 icons in control panel window. Do see the word Category ?  I want you to click on it. List drops down I want you to click Large icon.The window has just change now you can see everything in your control panel. Go down the list and click on User Accounts. New window changed. Click on (Change your password) written in blue. Follow the directions given in following window. You are all set.

Honor Student
williamcollins5
Message 3 of 4 (7,263 Views)

on my computer p7-1027cb i insert my flash card in the disk drive f  and message comes back disk error please insert the passwored reset disk in  the drive same old problem. what is wrong. is there another drive i am not aware of

Student
nevdowell
Message 4 of 4 (5,955 Views)

I tried this solution and received the message 'windows cannot change the password'.  Any suggestions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation