everything i download and try to install is corrupt (141 Views)
Honor Student
Ganana54
Message 1 of 5 (141 Views)

everything i download and try to install is corrupt

can anyone help me with this? i bought an hp pavilion, it has windows 7 ( 64 bit ). everytime i download anything and try to install, it says it is corrupt and unknown author. i also had to buy a zoom usb 56k dialup modem, because your computer does not have a dialup modem in it.
Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 2 of 5 (113 Views)

Re: everything i download and try to install is corrupt

Hello Ganana54,

There are 100's of different models of the pavilion line. Can you list which specific model you are using?

What anti virus software are you using?

Try temporarily disabling the software and attempt to download one file that you know is safe, does it successfully download and install?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Honor Student
Ganana54
Message 3 of 5 (108 Views)

Hp Pavilion Product Model # - p2 - 1124

Honor Student
Ganana54
Message 4 of 5 (108 Views)

Hp Pavilion Product Model # p2 - 1124  /  Product # - H2M45AA#ABA.  I HAVE NORTON ON HERE BUT WILL BE GONE IN A FEW DAYS. I DID DISABLE IT AND THE FIREWALL AND STILL GET NOWHERE. I AM READY TO TAKE IT BACK TO THE STORE. VERY IRRITATING.                                                                                                                                     

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 5 of 5 (91 Views)

Hello Ganana54,

It could be the dial up modem you are connecting to. I assume you don't have a way to connect your computer directly to the internet without going through a peripheral?

Also when installing programs from a CD on the computer does the same issue come up?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation