Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Image of SIW data cropped so as to be visible

IMG_1221b.jpgre-attached cropped so values visible.

HP Recommended

I am unable to open either of the images in your last two posts, but it doesn't matter as I do not have your level of technical knowledge.  Don't know what SIW is for example and probably couldn't read the data anyway.

So sorry your computer started with fans racing again.  I know how frustrating it is.  By the way the tech who came to my house once mentioned that he thought somehow the computer thought it was too hot on start up and that is why the fan started racing instantly on start up.  I guess you just proved his hunch to be correct.

Also when I questioned how I could keep getting defective motherboards, one of the case managers told me that it is possible for there to be many motherboards that are defective because there is no way to know how many passed through the assembly line before the defect was discovered.

Really sorry for your troubles, hope you can get it resolved.

HP Recommended

Right after I posted the above the images in your two posts opened.  Go figure.

HP Recommended

It doesn't take a computer scientist to realize an internal temp of 99C on powerup is impossible.  Water boils at 100C.

There is a faulty sensor, or a senor that is not being initialized properly all the time (e.g., flaky BIOS code).

Your old moterhboard(s) likely had the same problem. 

I tried the trust service people in India, and they tell me my only option it to ship the computer to some service center, and be without it for several weeks while they do god knows what wiht an obviously defective piece of hardsware.

This is unacceptable.

I will escalate my concerns with HP locally.

I do not expect much.

HP Recommended

I got the part about the computer being too hot.  Just did not know what SIW was or how to use it.

I was mislead by techs in India too.  You have to get past them somehow.  When I got a case manager he sent me a box to put the computer in and all costs were covered by HP and it was back in three days.  But I had bought total care with an in home upgrade and that may make a difference.  The second time the motherboard was replaced they sent the MB to my house and the tech came and installed it.

Still if your computer is under warranty, HP should replace the motherboard at their expense I would think.  Seems like this should be a known problem with this motherboard by now.

HP Recommended

HP's support is inadequate.   They know, should have known, or shoul dhave made it their business to know about an obvious defect from your edxperience.

Yet here's what I get regaerding my complaint, even after formwarding the URL http://www.tinyurl.com/silvfan that I created to this very thread and the SIW data screen. 

It's all about fans:

------------------------------

Hello Scot,

Thank you for contacting HP Total Care.

After going through your E-mail I understand that you are experiencing an issue with your

At the outset, I apologize for all the inconvenience this issue might have caused you. And at the same time I greatly appreciate that you have followed steps to resolve the issue and forwarded your concern and have given me a chance to assist you further in this matter. I, as a HP technician, will take the ownership for this issue and will assist you at the best.

Scot ,from your description, it seems that the reason behind the issue you are experiencing might be due to hardware malfunctioning.

Scot, please do not worry; we are always here to assist you with your HP products. We would try our level best to regain your faith in HP and bring back smile on your face. I would suggest you to perform some simple troubleshooting as instructed in the following HP technical document to help you resolve the issue:

Please follow below mention link to clean fans in the pc.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07153

After cleaning fan is still issue persist please observe which fan making loudest noise in its pc processor’s fan or graphics card’s  fan or its power supply’s  .whenever you able to point out the fan then please get back to us with the below mention shipping details .So that we can replace the fan or can take pc for service repair as per which fan is faulty.

1.         Full Name:

2.         Shipping Address with zip code:

3.         Phone Number:

4.         Alternate Phone Number:

5.         Preferred time to call:

6.         Alternate time to call:

7.         Time Zone:

Please get back to us with the status and the observation as soon as possible. So that we can fix the issue without any delay. I am eagerly waiting for your reply.

I hope that the above information will help you to resolve the issue however if you still face any difficulties in either understanding or performing the above steps then definitely let us know and we will assist you further. Resolving your issue completely and at the earliest is our top priority.

For information on keeping your HP and Compaq products up and running, please visit our website at:

http://www.hp.com/go/totalcare

Sincerely,

Chandrani

------------------------------

I mean, how am I supposed to respond to this incomptetence?

HP Recommended

And the problem happened again, with same SIW results, but this time Windows did not reboot the first time giving the errors in the images below, and multiple error messages in the Windows error logs when it finally did reboot successfully such as:

• The Extensible Authentication Protocol service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 120000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

• The IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 120000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

• The IP Helper service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 120000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

• The Server service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

• The Multimedia Class Scheduler service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 120000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

And HP's service representatives want to debug my computer hardware wasting my valuable time, on my dime, persecerating on a "dirty fan" as the cause of the problem?

Truly:  what am I supposed to say, HP?

IMG_1225.JPGIMG_1224.JPG

HP Recommended

The language and phrasing of the email suggests it came from India.  They are trained to talk like that I guess, very ingratiating.  He apparently did not see the part about the temperature  error.  Just saw the word fan and sent you the recipe for fan problems.

Still the requested shipping info suggests a plan to send you a box to put the computer in and send it to a service center.  This was my first step also.  You could then include more info about the problem with the computer.  I think there was a form for that in the package.

But if the service center only has a work order to replace the fans, they may not be allowed to change the motherboard.  And on top of that don’t forget 2 replacement motherboards did not fix the problem for me.  Maybe it is something else.  Perhaps someone at the service center would explore the temperature error.

My turn around time was three days.  If you decide to send it in maybe it will go quickly for you as well.

I started this thread on May 24, 2012.  I got a case manager in Canada on August 24, 2012.  A replacement computer was sent to me on December 9, 2012.  It took a long while but eventually when it could not be fixed HP came through with a new computer and I have had no further problems. 

Maybe if you send your computer in with all the information you have gathered the techs there will find the problem and fix it.

This post was in reply to your ‎03-19-2013 05:57 AM post.  I see now you have posted again while I was writing this and have even more info and errors.  What a mess.

HP Recommended

I put the odds at success of sending the computer in for service, based on your own experience, at 0%.

I see no signs of a service-oriented mentality here.

HP Recommended

BTW did you try to click on the link in the email you received from HP Total Care?  I did and got a small window requiring you sign in to Microsoft Exchange.  What user name and password do you use and what is Microsoft Exchange?

If anyone is following this thread they might like to know how to use this resource.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.