Question

Honor Student
clarabelle
Message 1 of 2 (278 Views)

how do I stop pop-ups?

Every time I use the computer I am plagued with pop-ups - particularly for sex sites. What is the easiest and most effective solution for this?

Any advice welcom,

thanks

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 2 of 2 (272 Views)

Re: how do I stop pop-ups?

[ Edited ]

clarabelle wrote: Every time I use the computer I am plagued with pop-ups - particularly for sex sites. What is the easiest and most effective solution for this? Any advice welcom, thanks

Hello clarabelle, It appears you have a virus or other malware that has gained control of your system.

The only sure way that I have found to clean the system from these nasty code, is a fresh install of the operating system and the applications.

Some have suggested you can download and install a program called Malwarebytes, CC Cleaner and other applications to clean your system, but I have used these and have been unable to clean the system totally with these applications.

Since you didn't mention the Model of your system and the version of the operating system, it would be difficult to advise the best way to proceed.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation