Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hi everyone. a few days ago I bought this really nice all-in-one but the rear arm collapses untill the monitor rests at the base. can anyone tell me how to fix this? any screws that I can tighten? 

thanx.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi everyone. I fixed the problem! All I needed was a spanner and a couple of screwdrivers (...not the drinks, the tools :OpenSmile: )

Unscrewed and removed the bottom cover, after putting the pc upsidedown. There are 2 bolts in the further side that have to be toghtened with a spanner (a not-too-small one, for me in Italy is nr. 10). 

Put cover and screws back on and thats' it! 

Now I'm happy as a clam.

Thank you all for the support!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi,

The stand and monitor are basically adjustable.  Review this HP video.  Just use your hands as shown in the video to change the angle adjustment.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended
Thank you. Yes I knew that. That's why I bought it. But when I adjust it at the highest position, it looses it. It slides all the way down. It doesn't keep the chosen position. 😕
HP Recommended

Hi,

There is no posted document showing how to adjust the tension which would mean that you either use the monitor in the positions that work or you can contact HP Support.  The hinges might be defective. 

HP's support number is 800-474-6836 or 800-HPINVENT or online here.

I did see where someone had mentioned only 4 positions.  That might mean going all the way to the top might cause a release allowing the unit fully drop.  Try not going all the way to the top.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended
Thanks a lot for the infos and link. I'll contact them.
HP Recommended

Hi everyone. I fixed the problem! All I needed was a spanner and a couple of screwdrivers (...not the drinks, the tools :OpenSmile: )

Unscrewed and removed the bottom cover, after putting the pc upsidedown. There are 2 bolts in the further side that have to be toghtened with a spanner (a not-too-small one, for me in Italy is nr. 10). 

Put cover and screws back on and thats' it! 

Now I'm happy as a clam.

Thank you all for the support!

HP Recommended

Hello Chris,

I have the same problem and can't find any topic about this issue with a clear description how to unscrew the bottom cover. I see a lot of screws after putting the pc upsidedown.

Hope hearing from you,

Arjan

HP Recommended

Hi Arjan, I just finished tightening again today. The screws are the ones indicated with a small arrow. There are 5 screws, 2 of them at the slimmest end, 2 at the bottom slightly longer and 1 on the left side (screen facing down). You have to take them off completely to remove the black pane. Once removed you'll see the bots on the left and right sides.

Let me know if you have further questions 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks Chris, works perfectly!

HP Recommended
Glad to be helpful! 🙂
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.