Question

Student
terriandjoe
Message 1 of 4 (2,656 Views)

hp pavilion a1620n tower not working!!! Help please.

Hi to hp and to anyone else that can help. Our Tower (and monitor) have been acting strange for the last few days. Prior to that the unit itself has been making a loud humming sound. So we have been shutting it off every night. The last few weeks it has been taking forever to get up up and running, it has to go through about 10 minutes or so of flashing lights on both harddrive and monitor. Well, we have been able top deal with all of that. But this morning it worked, and since I was going to be out for most of the morning, I shut it off. And when I tried to turn it back on again. NOTHING! I changed the outlet it was in, shut off and turned on the power strip, cleaned out the dust from the backside. STILL nothing! The monitor light will come on, and after a while it will say it's going to sleep. But haven't gotten any source of "life" from the tower. Any idea what's wrong?
Master's Graduate
y2ken
Message 2 of 4 (2,631 Views)

Re: hp pavilion a1620n tower not working!!! Help please.

Nothing? No fans running? Open your case and check all power connections (disconnect and reconnect). If you still get absolutely nothing at all then I would first suspect the power supply has died.

Intern
Nishant_Soni
Message 3 of 4 (2,612 Views)

I know that there was a KNOWN ISSUE with NVIDIA 9500 series graphic cards, so very first thing you may wanna check is to which graphic card did you have in your computer, and if you think that was a tough question, reply here with the serial and the product number of your computer and i will find it out for you, and we will see what we can do to take it further.
Student
tengland
Message 4 of 4 (2,585 Views)

My computer (same model) has done the exact same thing. I decided to turn it off for the night and the next morning I went to boot it up and the power button won't do anything.  We have checked all the power supplies and they seem to be just fine.  It is dead and I really don't want to pay $200 to take it in for someone to tell me a simple fix if I can help it.  Any assistance would be wonderful. 
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation