hp pavilion a6000 desktop won't boot.. (1821 Views)
Honor Student
jeffsji
Message 1 of 7 (1,821 Views)

hp pavilion a6000 desktop won't boot..

Hello,

I have a HP Pavilion that won't boot, no codes, nothing on the monitor or anything like that. 

The power light turns on and off and that is it.

I had been having problems with it locking up so I wiped and reloaded Vista.  I tried new RAM (diagnostics said the RAM was bad) with no change...

I kept getting a blue screen and it would recycle so I copied down the codes on the blue screen but couldn't find it online.  This went on for a couple of days and then it tried to shut down/restart and never started back up.

Here are the codes.

stop: 0x0000008E (9xc0000005, 0X9112894A, 0XA154FB68, 0X00000000)

Wink32K.SYS

address 9112894A

Baseat 91060000

Datestamp 4DE78921

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jeff

Honor Student
jeffsji
Message 2 of 7 (1,817 Views)

Re: hp pavilion a6000 desktop won't boot..

Forgot to mention that the fan does work.

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 3 of 7 (1,814 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello jeffsji, The error you mention, many times relates to faulty memory. Since you mentioned you ran a memory test and the test showed memory errors, that may be something to focus on.

I would download Memtest and run this program to check the memory in your system. Memtest can be found Here .

If Memtest finds any memory errors, you might try removing all the modules except the one nearest to the processor and run Memtest again, and see if the first module is faulty. Continue to test each module one at a time until you locate the faulty module. Then remove this faulty module and see if the system works normally.

If you do locate a faulty memory module and want to replace it, I would suggest going to Crucial.com and run the memory configurator and find the certified compatible memory for your system. This memory may not be compatible with your existing memory so you may have to order all new memory and discard the existing memory.

Just some thoughts.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

Honor Student
jeffsji
Message 4 of 7 (1,800 Views)

I gave that a shot before and tried it again with no luck.  With regard to your other troubleshooting tips the CPU won't boot at all.  No lights beyond the blue power light on top (and the fan starts up on the motherboard).  Any other thoughts?

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 5 of 7 (1,791 Views)

jeffsji wrote: I gave that a shot before and tried it again with no luck.  With regard to your other troubleshooting tips the CPU won't boot at all.  No lights beyond the blue power light on top (and the fan starts up on the motherboard).  Any other thoughts?

Hello jeffsji, You may want to take a look at this  Link , and see if it has any useful information.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

Top Student
HPUserInMohnton
Message 6 of 7 (1,777 Views)

Does the system beep when starting, for example 2 short beeps and 1 longer beep? You said it had no codes and I wondered if it at least gave some beep sounds, which are diagnostic codes.

Honor Student
jeffsji
Message 7 of 7 (1,358 Views)

Nope.  The fan starts up and you can hear the hard drive start spinning and the front lights up but that is it.  Oh and the key board and mouse both light up as well if that matters..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation