icon changing from big to small (2506 Views)
Honor Student
munenchnerkindl
Message 1 of 5 (2,506 Views)

icon changing from big to small

Can anyone tell me why icons on desktop change from big to small after PC starts up.

My husband has a Desktop HP Pavilion , Window Vista.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated..

Thank you.

Top Student
xw6600
Message 2 of 5 (2,494 Views)

Re: icon changing from big to small

First check your computer if your computer VGA card driver is installed or not.

Second right click on desktop and see the display settings and change the resolution to 1024.  you can get right click on desktop then click view icon then make it smaller.   i dont have vista to tell you exact option but try what i said i m sure u can manage it. thanks

Provost
Big_Dave
Message 3 of 5 (2,482 Views)

[ Edited ]

Are you using the mouse zoom function to make the desktop icons larger?  Are you hold down the Ctrl key while moving the mouse wheel to make the ICONS larger?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP e9280t, i7-960, 12GB, Vertex 3 120, ATI 4850
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad
Custom i7-4770k, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
Custom i7-3770k, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT
Honor Student
munenchnerkindl
Message 4 of 5 (2,472 Views)

Hello Big_Dave,

Thank you both, Dave & Khudo for trying to help us..

Sorry to say it didnt help ..We have tried this so many times ..

The way it use to been was when you want to change the Icon size and applied it, it would stay like that ,

but now it wont do it anymore ..

We did all that what was suggested and also with holding the Ctrl key while moving the mouse wheel and making

the Icon larger and they stay like that ,but once he shuts his PC off ,it is  doing the same thing all over again..When we  turn on the PC  ,everything is loading up and all the Icons are the way we want them to be but all of a sutten they change in being small again..

I have a HP WindowVista also and I just dont have any problems with my chaning the Icons size..

I cant figure out why my husbands PC is doing that now..His is only 14 months old.

Thank you for yor help..

Honor Student
munenchnerkindl
Message 5 of 5 (2,464 Views)

Hello Dave & xw6600 ,

I have resolved the problem with the Icons..My husband had checked marked in ' Adjust visual effects ' the

" Adjust for best appearance " instead of " Let Windows choose what's best for my computer "...

I want to thank you both for your help..

Have a HAPPY EASTER. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation