kEYBOARD SYMBOLS (3215 Views)
Honor Student
RGB558
Message 1 of 7 (3,215 Views)
Accepted Solution

kEYBOARD SYMBOLS

Hello:

I just purchased a Pavilion 500f and it came with the keyboard model KU-0841 (not wireless)  - I have been trying to figure out how to use the blue symbols that are to right of most white letters and numbers but haven't been able to sort it yet.

Could someone suggest how this is done? (have checked online, user manuals with the computer and nothing)

Thanks for any help!

RGB

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 7 (3,213 Views)

Re: kEYBOARD SYMBOLS

[ Edited ]

I am also unable to find any literature on that specific keyboard. I have seen keyboards as you describe before. There has always been an Fn key that is tapped to activate the alternate function of the keys.

Another thing to do is to enter the BIOS and make sure that Action Keys mode is enabled if that function is available.

It is more common that such a setup is on a notebook keyboard than a desktop keyboard.

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
RGB558
Message 3 of 7 (3,195 Views)

Hi!

THANKS for the suggestions - I have tried the FN key and that didn't work and other key combinations as well and none seemed to work.  Funny, or not, but sometimes when doing emails, I hit "something" and start getting the symbols BUT I can't figure out what I striking to get it or how to cancel them without closing the email windows and then it resets!!!

I will have a look at the BIOS as you suggested and see what is there...hadn't thought of that - its annoying really as some of the symbols could be very helpful at times!

THANKS again, Rob

Tutor
2000Redstep
Message 4 of 7 (3,182 Views)

I was able to turn off the blue characters by hitting Ctrl/shift together. Mine is a canadian keyboard, and the blue symbols are french. You can reactivate by holding Ctrl/shift and hitting right shift twice.

Tutor
2000Redstep
Message 5 of 7 (3,181 Views)

Forgot to mention changing settings to US english including keyboard icon on bottom right corner of screen. Hope this helps.

Honor Student
RGB558
Message 6 of 7 (3,173 Views)

THANKS for the help!!! Much appreciated - will give it a try - THANKS!
Intern
pecan250
Message 7 of 7 (2,728 Views)

Thank you this has helped me too! Any idea how to access the other characters like the "cent" symbol on the 4 key?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation