Question

Honor Student
morrib
Message 1 of 31 (10,390 Views)

I have added a graphics card (NVIDIA Geforce GT 520) to my system and every time I start the computer up I get this message which I mark OK and it disappears.  Please tell me what to do to stop it from appearing.

"The AMD Vision Engine Control Center is supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics center.  Please update your AMD graphics driver, or enable your AMD adapter using the Displays manager."

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 31 (10,388 Views)

Re: message: Please update your AMD graphics driver

Hi:

Did you replace an AMD card and not uninstall the drivers and software before installing the nVidia driver?

Did your PC come with an AMD integrated video adapter and you didn't uninstall the drivers and software before installing the nVidia driver?

Paul

Honor Student
morrib
Message 3 of 31 (10,376 Views)

No I didn't replace an AMD card,  The video was on the motherboard, my computer did not have the resources for a dual screen set up that I am used to so I had to install the video card.

Did your PC come with an AMD integrated video adapter and you didn't uninstall the drivers and software before installing the nVidia driver?

i guess that is what happened.  I certainly did not unistall the AMD drivers.  Can I do that now and how?

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 31 (10,373 Views)

Hi:

What I would do if I were you is to unplug your PC, remove your nVidia card, so the AMD onboard graphics adapter takes over again.

Plug it back in and boot it up.

Then go to the control panel>programs. Find any AMD programs related to the video adapter like the catalyst control center, vision control center, if applicable, etc, and uninstall them.

Then go to the device manager, right-click on the AMD video adapter under the display adapters section.

Select Uninstall, and if there is a box to check to uninstall the driver, check that box.

Do not restart the PC. Shut it down. Unplug it and reinstall your nVidia adapter.

Then you should be fine.

In the future, when you install a video card, always uninstall all software and drivers relating to the current card  first before installing a new video card.

You are very fortunate that was the only issue you had.

Paul

Honor Student
sheilasisi
Message 5 of 31 (8,987 Views)

I have the same problem.

I didn't touch the graphics card. I just updated the BIOS as the HP Support suggested, and suddenly this problem occurs. But  I don't remember what type and model my missing graphic card is, though I don't think it's nVidia.

AND I also don't know exactly what program is related to that video adapter. Is there an easier way to do it?

Thanks!

Distinguished Professor
anthony82
Message 6 of 31 (8,971 Views)

Hello sheilasisi,

You’re getting a message to update the graphics card after a BIOS update.

What is the model and product number of the computer, so that I can check to see if you have any updates?

Have you installed a new graphics card?

Please respond at your earliest convenience.

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Have a good day.

Honor Student
BengtS
Message 7 of 31 (8,254 Views)

I got the same message after a BIOS update, nothing else changed in the computer (no new graphics card).

I have a HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC with Windows 7 Home Premium.

Intern
Kumako
Message 8 of 31 (8,239 Views)

[ Edited ]

Same problem here with my newly bought  HP Pavilion g7 Notebook PC, running windows 8, 64 bits.  Help wanted! :smileyhappy: 

Used HP Support Assistant yesterday to download and install some recommended updates. I do think this problem came after the last update:

Intel High definition Graphics Driver update. 

Update details: Softpaq number SP59327, versie 9.17.10.2857

the error:

problem.jpg

For some other details from AFTER the update (I have no idea if you need to know these, just in case)

Hardware: Radeon AMD 7600 series. (Device manager tells me it's currently not running because problems were detected). 

Software: Catalyst control centre version: 2012.0806.1156.19437

Edit1: great.. another update available. Let's see what this one does...

Edit 2: Mweh... didn't fail but didn't install either? it was SP59936..... still didn't work. 

Edit3: In total despair I did a system restore. This fixed the problem.... But now I don't dare to do the updates anymore *sigh*. 

Edit 4:

• 1. Okay, totally confused now.... It appears I have two graphic thingies. I know I'm supposed to have the AMD 7670 but apparable I also have Intel HD graphics 4000. They both appear in the device manager and are both working (until I use HP Support Assistent, then my AMD says toodooloo). 
  • 2. It appears the graphic driver update is installing something different than the AMD 7670 software. Could this be a problem? And if so... what am I supposed to do?

driver.jpg

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 9 of 31 (8,213 Views)

Hi:

Yes, your notebook has both an AMD discrete video adapter and an Intel UMA video adapter.  Under most circumstances your notebook can use the Intel video and use less battery power.

However, for more graphics intensive processes such as playing video games you would run the AMD 7670.

Below is a link to how these video adapters work.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03048374&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_us...

Now this is very important...The only video driver you should ever install on your model is the AMD driver listed on your PC's support and driver page.

The AMD driver is a custom driver developed specifically for the graphics setup in your notebook and it contains BOTH the AMD and Intel graphics drivers needed to work the graphics.

The problem is that when driver update programs scan your PC, they may find a newer Intel driver because the one used to work your graphics is an older version.

The problem is the older version is the only one that will work with your switchable graphics.

So, ignore any driver update reports to install the Intel driver.

That is only good for notebooks with only the Intel video.

Intern
Kumako
Message 10 of 31 (8,202 Views)

Thank you so much for your explanation. I've discarded the Intel driver update. 

I only have basic pc knowledge so I'm always "oh no..." when an error appears. 

Some quick googling showed that many others share my problem, so you've probably helped  them out as well. :smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation