Question

Student
knash80
Message 1 of 3 (475 Views)

my ipod is not working

I plug my ipod into my desktop and i get a message that there is a problem with disk K:.  i have used this ipod before and it was fine.  it says i can scan and fix i have done that.  i have restored my ipod.  i have done what i cant think of.  I have about 7500 songs on my itunes it will put about 3500 of them on the ipod then stop and freeze.  if anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it thanks.

Grad Student
Santo21
Message 2 of 3 (462 Views)

Re: my ipod is not working

It looks like this issue might be an iPod issue. However connect the iPod and close all applications and go to Start > My Computer and right click on the iPod drive icon and click on Format. After format try to restore and transfer music to it.

Always make sure that you had taken a backup of your music files to an external storage device.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
PhD Student
PC_Tester
Message 3 of 3 (453 Views)

Re: my ipod is not working

Are you running Windows Vista or Windows 7?

If Win 7, install this patch

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976972

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation