my mouse doesn't work what does it need? (1702 Views)
Student
mikeberg2000
Message 1 of 2 (1,702 Views)

my mouse doesn't work what does it need?

I tried changing 2 or 3 different good mice and none of them work on my desktop.  the computer laid dormant for at least a year or so because i had to wait to get new windows xp for it.  finally got it and before i installed it - the cursor would not move.  the only time it worked is when i went to a wireless mouse and used the usb port - then i had mouse use. 

so the question still stands?  is it the driver as some would suggest or is it something else i dont know about yet?  is there a quick and cheap fix to this?  can i pull the mouse portion from any compaq computer or is it that part of any computer the same as any computer or what is the easiest way to fix this problem?  someone also mentioned to me that downloading the driver from the manufacturer's website maybe the solution.

any suggestions out there?

Grad Student
ErnyWhite
Message 2 of 2 (1,687 Views)

Re: my mouse doesn't work what does it need?

I would see if I could of got hp recovery disks for it instead of a "new winows xp" but I assume there was a reason for that. What model is it? Yes getting the manufactors drivers should help unless that ps/2 port is "out"
Kudos appreciated if question answered or solution provided
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation