Question

Tutor
dwellas
Message 1 of 2 (783 Views)
Accepted Solution

p7-1534 HP pavilion Desktop PC, Shut down and sleep problem's

[ Edited ]

p7-1534 HP pavilion desktop PC, Windows 8, 64-bit, Sometimes when i shut down my PC, the PC won't shut down it will stay on and i will have to use the power button to shut down the PC, and today i put the PC to sleep and it did not wake up when i tried to wake it up i had to use the power button restart the PC. i did a memory diagnostic and found no errors.

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 2 of 2 (736 Views)

Re: p7-1534 HP pavilion Desktop PC, Shut down and sleep problem's

Hi dwellas

I understand you are having issues with shutting down the computer and not being able to wake it up.

You  might have a  application or process running in the background that is not shutting down properly. Close all tray applications that you can, make sure you close all programs first, and try again. If that works, you need to see what you have installed that may be causing this.
You can do a msconfig and turn off start up programs to see if it is still something running in the background.

Here is a url to temporarily disable all the start up programs to see if one of them is causing any issues.
http://theunlockr.com/2012/04/05/how-to-change-windows-8s-startup-programs/

You will have to follow the same steps to enable all again.

Here is a url for Resolving Problems with Sleep and Hibernate Modes.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03383935&tmp_track_link=ot_faqs/top_issues/en_u...

If you need more assistance just let me know.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation