Question

Student
Message 1 of 4 (876 Views)

pc help and tools

pc help and tools is deleted from my computer start menu ,this makes using my recovery disc that i received give me a error message that these dic are not supported by this system where do i get this missing option on my start  button?

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 2 of 4 (873 Views)

Re: pc help and tools

[ Edited ]

315868 wrote: pc help and tools is deleted from my computer start menu ,this makes using my recovery disc that i received give me a error message that these dic are not supported by this system where do i get this missing option on my start  button?

Hello 315868, It would be useful to know the Model of your system and the version of your operating system.

If you are using the HP provided Recovery Restore disk or the ones you created when you got your system, you should not be getting this error message.

These HP Recovery Restore Disk set are run from the start of the boot process and would not be used within the operating system.

Need just a little more information please.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

Provost
Big_Dave
Message 3 of 4 (865 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

What model HP PC and operating system are you using?

How to Find the HP Model Number

Are you trying to use the HP Recovery Disks that you made when you first received your PC?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad, HP Chromebook 11
Custom i7-4770k,Z-87, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
Custom i7-4790k,Z-97, 16GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Plextor M.2 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT
Student
avemaria13
Message 4 of 4 (712 Views)

[ Edited ]

PC Help and Tools and other addresses were deleted from Start program. If a click on them it shows "empty". other than doing a complete recovery how can i fix these problems.

I got a trojan horse and had to pay some program that poped up at the time the virus was taking control of most of my computer. I had to pay to recover but it was not a perfect recovery.

I have Windows 7 and my PC is p6674y

Thanks,

julia

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation