Question

Honor Student
berlench
Message 1 of 5 (308 Views)

photos won't download

my pavilion g7-1260us notebook won't let me download photos from my sony cyber-shot digital camera. tried everything.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 5 (304 Views)

Re: photos won't download

Hi

What is the model of your camera ? Can you use card reader ? How do you connect them ? What is the OS on your machine ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
berlench
Message 3 of 5 (299 Views)

The OS is Windows 7. The digital camera is a Sony Cyber-Shot 6.0 mega pixels.  I've tried downloading photos from the camera to the HP Pavilion g7-1260us Notebook PC using the proper wire hooked up, using the Memory stick Duo Adaptor, and also by using just the memory stick.  The computer recognizes the digital device, but when I click download, it tells me that there are no photos on this device. There are over 400 photos on this memory stick.  Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  I'm not very tech savy, so I apologize if I'm not using the correct terminology. Thank you for responding to my problem. 

Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 5 (295 Views)

berlench wrote:

but when I click download, it tells me that there are no photos on this device.

Hi,

Can you see them under Explorer ? If YES, normally we do not use download, we use copy and paste.

• Just select them,
  • Hold down Ctrl key and press C,
  • Move to the folder where you want to copy to,
  • Hold down the Ctrl key and press V. 

copyx.PNG

Regards 

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
berlench
Message 5 of 5 (293 Views)

No, I can't see them under Explorer.  ActualIy I don't even know if I'm in Explorer. All I know is that the computer doesn't show any of the photo files. This is the first computer I've ever had, and thought it would be fun to be able to manage & manipulate all my photos.  Guess it wasn't meant to be. Oh well. Thank you for taking the time to address this issue.  I'll just keep trying.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation