Question

Honor Student
ajay225
Message 1 of 5 (841 Views)

registry errors

after running a free scan on my HP pavillion a6600f 323 registry errors were found . Is there a safe  , free site that will help me remove them or is there anyone to help me remove them? thanks....arthur

Master's Graduate
KiranTalluri
Message 2 of 5 (829 Views)

Re: registry errors

Hi,

Those Free Scans (Give many errors or problems found in Scan) are probably to convince you  to purchase their Software (Fake or Substandard).

You may install CCleaner and run Registry Scan to find and delete corrupted Registry entries,

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

How to use:

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/help

Thank You.
Kiran Talluri

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue
Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 3 of 5 (821 Views)

ajay225 wrote: After running a free scan on my HP pavillion a6600f 323 registry errors were found . Is there a safe  , free site that will help me remove them or is there anyone to help me remove them? thanks....arthur

Hello ajay225, I once used many of these free registry scanners and they found many "errors" as you seem to have experienced. I used them to correct the registry errors and found they caused more errors than they corrected.

Most of these are just a scam, and I would stay away from them at all cost.

If you are comfortable with making registry entries, the best way to correct registry errors is by manually doing it.

But BE AWARE, that if you delete or modify any registry entry and make an error yourself, the system may not boot and you may have to reinstall the operating system and all your applications.

If the system is running fine as it is, I would suggest just ignore these "errors" and continue to use the system as it is.

Just some thoughts.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

Provost
Big_Dave
Message 4 of 5 (789 Views)

Hello,

JV16 Power Tools is an excellent product for keeping the registry clean.  It has has a compactor function that we allow you to compress out all of the dead free space stubs and unlinked entries (leftover garbage).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP e9280t, i7-960, 12GB, Vertex 3 120, ATI 4850
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad
Custom i7-4770k,Z-87, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
Custom i7-4790k,Z-97, 16GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Plextor M.2 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT
Honor Student
zep80
Message 5 of 5 (57 Views)

I am having the same problems with the free scans reporting that I have hundreds of registry errors. I saw that you said they are probably false and they just want to sell you their product. How do you know if you do have registry errors? Can a tech illiterate like me (I barely know how to turn on a computer...OK...that's a slight exageration, but not by much)fix them?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation