Question

Honor Student
burles
Message 1 of 7 (825 Views)

slow computer

what is the best way to speed up  computer to, done all defrags and clean disks. this system runs at turttle speed. Could norton be messing up system preformance. Or is there a good and safe program to cleans system

Master's Graduate
viki9324
Message 2 of 7 (824 Views)

Re: slow computer

hi there

can help with your com product no

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
Honor Student
burles
Message 3 of 7 (823 Views)

my computer is HP pavilion elite m9402f

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 4 of 7 (810 Views)

[ Edited ]

burles wrote: what is the best way to speed up  computer to, done all defrags and clean disks. this system runs at turttle speed. Could norton be messing up system preformance. Or is there a good and safe program to cleans system

Hello burles, It seems your system is a few years old (2008), but still has some very nice components, as an example, the processor running at 2.3 GHz and system memory of 7 GBs.

With these two system components, your system should be running quite well, if there are no other faults.

Here  is the link for the specifications for your system.

I would suggest performing a HP Recovery Restore procedure to put your system back as it was when shipped from HP.

There is nothing any better to speed up your system than a refresh install of the software, and especially the operating system. Some would say this is a little extreme, but I have found this is the best way to improve the performance of a computer, assuming there are no other faults with the system.

You would need to backup all your important data, documents, photos, music, downloaded files, etc., before you perform a HP Recovery Restore. You should also already made a set of HP Recovery Restore Disk, for this procedure. If you have not already made the HP Recovery Restore Disk set, now would be the time to make these. If you do not have these Recovery Disk or cannot make these disk, you can usually access the HP Recovery Restore Utility by pressing the F-11 key when booting the system and when the HP Logo screen appears. Choose the destructive restore method, and the hard drive will be reformatted (wiped clean) and the original software will be restored to the state it was when shipped from HP.

This process only takes less than 30 minutes. You would need to go to the Windows up date site and download and install all the Windows updates afterwards.

You then just reinstall your backed up files.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

Student
Hunnybee33
Message 5 of 7 (780 Views)

Here is a video for some basic advice on speeding up slow computers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKMB11i-2Vs

Honor Student
marcneviel
Message 6 of 7 (652 Views)

Have you tried removing software that you don’t need, or making sure you don’t have too many programs running in the background? (look at your system tray near the clock and close those you don’t need).  Also, you might think about checking for driver problems. I use RadarSync PC Updater and it definitely speeds up my computer - here: http://www.radarsync.com

Student
Ryanyan
Message 7 of 7 (367 Views)

The best way to speed up your computer

http://www.ieasyconverter.com/downloads/windows/amigabitpowerboosterfree.exe

• Optimize, clean and speed up your Windows computer in minutes
  •    
  • Fix frustrating errors, crashes and freezes
  •    
  • Protect your personal data from Internet thieves
  •    
  • All-in-one PC tune-up utility for Windows 8
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation