solution center.msi (4046 Views)
Student
Shadowman30
Message 1 of 4 (4,046 Views)

solution center.msi

I have an HP D4260 Deskjet printer, using Windows 7 64 bit OS; when I turn on my desktop, a box appears asking for a disk with solution center.msi.  What is it and why does it keep asking for it?

Associate Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 4 (4,043 Views)

Re: solution center.msi

Please uninstall and reinstall the HP Solution Center software using the disk that come with the printer. Refer the following weblink for more information:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00811375&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
Student
ajlept
Message 3 of 4 (2,321 Views)

The unit is more than 4 years old! The disk is long gone.....I use the online download SW to update and install drivers on network computers. Looking for solution "B" to the problem of the "Solution Center" SW taking over the boot up process of the computer. Thanks!

Student
HPcestMort
Message 4 of 4 (1,773 Views)

Your support for the 4660 three in one printer i bought from you is totally brain dead. I keep getting messages when the printer starts up or when the fax part attempts to contact the phone that my solution center software is defective and I should put my disk in. I do, and the prompt says that it is not the right disk and wants to search for some other. The "support" forum says to uninstall and reinstall, which I do. The next time I boot the computer it says the same solution center software message, and can't find it again. The whole thing. You guys are just con men selling chinese hardware which works pretty well and totally useless software and support. It would be right for you to die.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation