windows 8.1 and hp laserjet 1020 (1129 Views)
Student
KIKEGLEZ
Message 1 of 4 (1,129 Views)

windows 8.1 and hp laserjet 1020

Hi, I made the upgrade to Windows 8.1 in my HP PAvilio g6, and my printer, HP Laser 1020, doesn´t work. I saw a message regardng USB 3.0... Thank you for your help 

HP Support Agent
Waterboy71
Message 2 of 4 (1,104 Views)

Re: windows 8.1 and hp laserjet 1020

Hi KIKEGLEZ, sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Laserjet printer not working with Windows 8.1.  I was just wondering, have you attempted to download and install the updated driver for the printer on Windows 8.1?  If not here is the link for the driver download. Please select Windows 8.1 in the drop down and click on Next.      http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=439320&

If this does NOT resolve the issue, please let me know and I will be happy to do more research on the issue.

Thank you

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
Student
drvinny
Message 3 of 4 (1,026 Views)

Hello

I installed Windows 8.1 on my laptop (HP Pavillion g7) and my HP Laser Jet 1020 does not work.  I idownloaded/nstalled all the newest drivers and even though troubleshooter says the printer is working fine, nothing goes to the printer.  Can you help?

Thanks

Vincent

HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 4 of 4 (976 Views)

Hello drvinny. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. I understand your Laserjet 1020 is not functioning correctly on Windows 8.1.

First, I would like you to uninstall the printer software. To do this, please reference this website: Uninstalling the Printer Software

Please ensure you follow the Windows 8 method to uninstall the printer software, as indicated in the document I just provided. Afterward, reinstall the printer software. Download and install this printer software: HP LaserJet Full Feature Software and Driver

Once this is completed, the printer should be fully functional. Please respond with your results. I'm only here to help!

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation