Question

Student
purple8
Message 1 of 3 (2,861 Views)

2.4 Ghz Wireless Optical Mobile Mouse will not connect to Micro USB Receiver

I have been using the 2.4 Ghz Wireless Optical Mobile Mouse (LP334AA#ABA) since December 2011, when I received my new HP Pavilion Laptop. Until yesterday, I have had no problems and I have really liked this mouse. But yesterday it stopped responding, so I changed the battery. No change. Took out micro USB receiver and plugged back into computer, the computer recognized it, but the mouse still did not respond (blue light on scroll wheel blinks like it is not recognizing the receiver). Tried reinstalling software and updating drivers, still no change! Can anyone help? There is no reset  or connect button on the mouse, so I am wondering if there is another way to sync the mouse to the receiver. There are no directions or troubleshooting on the HP website or on the original packaging!

Top Student
prsmiley
Message 2 of 3 (2,740 Views)

Re: 2.4 Ghz Wireless Optical Mobile Mouse will not connect to Micro USB Receiver

I have the same exact problem and I can't find anything online that says how to fix this problem...hp support says its the port that's the problem but obviously its not...

Top Student
prsmiley
Message 3 of 3 (2,738 Views)

Re: 2.4 Ghz Wireless Optical Mobile Mouse will not connect to Micro USB Receiver

[ Edited ]

Okay..so I figured out how to pair the dongle (reconfigure the mouse and adapter connection)...you have to install the  hp mouse program using the cd that came with the mouse...once you have the "hp mouse suite" installed on your computer open the "hp mouse control center"....click on "configure" then click on "mouse" on the bottom right click on "dongle pairing" a pop up window will appear with instructions it says to turn off mouse and disconnect the adapter...then reconnect adapter and hold down the black button on top of the mouse that has a picture of a little piece of folded paper on it...hold that button and turn on the mouse...keep holding for 3 seconds and it should reconnect the mouse to the adapter..I hope that helps

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation