Question

Student
kiboi
Message 1 of 2 (8,499 Views)

Can't find printer in MS Excel 2007

HI can you guys help me please.

I am having a problem with my 2 HP printers HP Officejet 7000 wide format and  HP laserjet P1102w everytime i will print something in excel i have to convert it into pdf before i can print.  it started  2 weeks ago for the HP officejet7000 because for the laserjet it didnt work eversince i installed it the first time. i tried doing the system restore, uninstall and reinstalling printer software drive also uninstalling and reinstalling the MS office 2007 for 4 time still didnt work upto now . i am seaching over the net on how to fix this issue but i cant find any answer. i dont want to reformat and reinstall the OS just for this..

it is properly working in other application such as (MS office2007 )MS Word, Powerpoint,access, adobe photoshop, acrobat even IE and etc.. but not working in MS Excel 2007 it can only see the HP deskjet2050a.

please help me to fix this printer issue .

Thank you,

Kiboi

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 2 (8,496 Views)

Re: Can't find printer in MS Excel 2007

Hi Kiboi,

As the printer icon missing from Excel only, more likely the problem isomehow relied within MS Office..

As you mentioned you reinstalled Office 2007, Did you installed any available updates for the MS Office Suite?

Please try the following:

1. Open Word (or any other Office application) Click on the Office Button and select Word Options, then click on Resources.

2. A list of different resources comes up. It is pretty straight forward, click on the Check for Updates button.

3. You will then get a Update Wizard which will guide you through the process of gathering and installing your Office Updates. One other thing, you will need to enable ActiveX a couple of times since the wizard uses the IE engine.

Once completing the update, try rebooting your PC and check for any change.

Please ket me know of any change,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation