Question

Honor Student
warhorse15
Message 1 of 5 (377 Views)

DVD/CD rewritable drive software

My daughter has lost the software disc for her HP DVD/CD rewritable drive, model no: dvd550sH02 8.  She needs to reload the software.  I cannot find anywhere to download it from on the HP web site. Has anyone any ideas where I can obtain it?

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 5 (370 Views)

Re: DVD/CD rewritable drive software

Hi:

There isn't any software like that available for download.

I use the free CD Burner XP software.

I install the version without Open Candy, which you can find under the More Download Options Link.

https://cdburnerxp.se/en/download

If you want a copy of the HP Roxio burning software, from my HP 6930p notebook, I will be happy to upload the software to my Skydrive folder and you can download it from there.

It will probably work on any HP PC, but I can't say for sure.

Honor Student
warhorse15
Message 3 of 5 (297 Views)

Thanks for your reply. Sorry I have been so long in answering it.  I have the Roxio software already and will suggest to my daughter that she tries it.  I am surprised that HP seem to have no way for its customers to get copies of its own software.  Nor do they seem to have any easy way of asking for it!!

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 5 (295 Views)

You're very welcome.

I agree.

It seems if you lose/misplace the software, you are just pretty much out of luck.

Honor Student
warhorse15
Message 5 of 5 (281 Views)

I have asked HP direct whether there is any way I can get (or pay for) a copy of the software required and have yet to hear from them.  If I get a useful answer I will post it on this forum!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation