Question

Honor Student
jdlhar
Message 1 of 20 (16,276 Views)

Driver for HP DVD 1270i

I recently bought a DVD Writer but it did not come with a drivers disc.  I have searched the site and could not find a driver for this model.  I have tried to call but always get the run around and the online chat doesn't work because they do not list this product. Could someone please help me or point me in the right direction, Thanks.

Top Student
bullwinkle777
Message 2 of 20 (16,056 Views)

Re: Driver for HP DVD 1270i

I'm having the same issue, and going by how long ago this was posted with no replies from hp support makes me wonder if they care about this issue. It IS a known issue, it's all over the internet and NO ONE can seen to get any help from the wonderful hp support.:manmad: I would like to see someone at hp step up and give some answers as to why they would put out a product that so many people are have problems with and offer NO support or a reason as to why this product is not working in most PC's. No software on my PC will recognize the dive, Nero doesn't (which came with the drive), not even the LightScribe software recognizes it. HUGE ISSUE!!!!! FIX IT!!!!!! Proof that hp doesn't care about customer support is the fact that this drive IS NOT LISTED IN THEIR PRODUCT LIST! I will wait a few days before I return the drive, just to see someone replies to this with an answer on how to fix this problem. I won't be holding my breath. Going by the date of jdlhar's post, HP DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS. ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS SELLING THEIR PRODUCTS, NOT SUPPORTING THEM!!!!!!!:manmad::robotmad::smileymad:

Top Student
bullwinkle777
Message 3 of 20 (16,019 Views)

Well, I guess hp truly don't care about the people that buy their products. I will be returning the drive today and will not purchase another hp product in the future! I will be telling EVERYONE I can about how poor hp's customer service is. If you are reading this AVOID HP AT ALL COST, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME BUYING THEIR PRODUCTS, GO WITH A DIFFERENT BRAND!

Student
SomeFNguy
Message 4 of 20 (15,960 Views)

If you needed help with the drive, you should have contacted support!!!!!  You are on a forum, which is a good way to get feedback from other users, but not from the company.  Maybe you should have clicked on the contact us link instead of trying to post something here.  Also, take note that DVd drives do not require drivers, how could you install a driver on a disc if you are installing a disc drive?  That is why DVD drives use drivers from Windows to install.   If you drive was not detected, you probably just needed to enable the SATA channel in the BIOS of the computer.  Or maybe it was detected and had an error code in device manager.

Dont trash talk a company when you are the one who didn't go through the right channel for support. I've had plenty of good support from HP for all sorts of products, including DVD drives!

Top Student
bullwinkle777
Message 5 of 20 (15,958 Views)

Did you read my post at all? The drive is not listed in their product list. And I did "go through the right channel for support" and got NOWHERE! So if I want to trash talk a company because of the lack of support, that's my right! And like I stated, this IS a known issue, check the internet, I'm sure you know how.

Student
tdozy
Message 6 of 20 (15,419 Views)

Hello, I purchase the same drive but I have not encountered any problems.  As one user suggested,  drives uses the operating systems drivers.  First ,read the manufacturer's requirements to see that you'll in the clear- check your system Bios to see if your Sata ports are  enabled.  I  some boards wont run sata drive as a master.

Student
dallenjr
Message 7 of 20 (13,077 Views)

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO CHECK FIRMWARE AND DRIVER UPDATES FOR HP DVD1270i?

Honor Student
rdr001
Message 8 of 20 (12,979 Views)

HP has thier head up where the sun does not shine on this issue. The drive is obviously re-badged from somewhere and the in-house tech people know nothing. The drive will usually be partially recognized by the MS OS (Win 2k, XP, Vista and W7)  and it will function as a standard cd or dvd rom drive (that is spelled 'read' only memory, no writes). The drive comes with a disk labeled 'NERO Essentials' and that software Nero & Lightscribe will allow you to do all the other functions. Install Nero first (it will ask to install LightScribe) along the way. Every thing should then work! There is no full featured MS drive for this Hardware and the default drive at best attenpts to write to the cd but drops the ball many times with drive stops which have to be bypassed by ejecting the disk, getting a whine msg and then re-inserting and continuing)! Guess HP did not want to make the investment and went the low dollar Nero route! The drive does do a good job once you have these issues behind you. Good luck!

Tutor
MachineMessiah
Message 9 of 20 (11,944 Views)

Hi, there's no need to use a device driver, you just install it and are ready to go, that's why it doesn't comes with a drivers CD  :smileywink:

Top Student
pclaptop23hour
Message 10 of 20 (11,204 Views)

on two different latops (both running xp pro sp3 i do not get a dvd device only cd

please advise as to driver download

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation